Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Derby (H) 27th December

gonzo

47 minutes ago, gonzo said:

I've no idea what his best position is even meant to be?

If we are talking midfield hes never done anything of note to command a place. Hes not fit to lace Kieron Lees boots and hes fuck all chance of getting anywhere near further up top. Id have bod and baka in front of him and that's not even bringing Dapo into it.

He will end up at a club below us at best.

That's the problem, isn't it?

But, had he been given the amount of time Kachunga has had, he'd have put himself ahead in the pecking order at least.

3 hours ago, gonzo said:

I can't think of one thing hes actually done to warrant it bar not being Kachunga.

Scored goals, created goals/chances.Ā  If you think someone else in our squad is better fair enough, its all opinions, but he does what most in our squad don't (others do more running/defending, arguably).

46 minutes ago, Johnnyrotten said:

Scored goals, created goals/chances.Ā  If you think someone else in our squad is better fair enough, its all opinions, but he does what most in our squad don't (others do more running/defending, arguably).

Kachunga has scored 2 goals in over 60 appearances, what assists and chances does he create?

I personally would go with a bunch of different options rather than Kachunga as our number 10.

Sadlier, Sheehan or Dapo as a number 10 with chance of roaming around instead of playing as a striker. Then have Bod and Charles up front, giving us more physicality as well as giving Dapo more of a licence.

But... Evatt is much more qualified than me so you presume he should know his squad that he trains every dayĀ 

23 hours ago, Lostock Whites said:

He's nowhere near good enough. We cannot rely upon him when the moment comes to it, which can be the difference between promotion or not.

His chance yesterday, his performances all season and his statistics all back that up.

If we are going to be a more goal scoring and punishing relentless team, it's going to have to be a team without players such as Kachunga.

Looking defensively, I've been really impressed with the current back 3 who all defend aggressively.Ā 

I would really like to see a back 3 of Johnston, Santos and Toal. I think this is our best lineup.

Gethin and Aimson on the bench.

Jones benched ?

Too much sherry ?