Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Fleetwood (A)

burnden

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, Leyther_Matt said:

MK? Cheltenham? We didn’t even sell out for Vale in the end, did we?

yes, but if you get in early, as i would if i had an away ST, id shift em pre sale

its easier for folk to buy from me, you, whoever than online

look at young CH - i bet hes not bought a ticket officially this season

I think the answer is to get out of this shitty league, with shitty small allocations - at least in the championship - apart from  Luton - and maybe Birmingham at the moment - they all have a decent sized away end - Ok if doing well we would still sell out - but not in 10/15 mins with a decent proportion of our tickets going to corporate/club/players

7 hours ago, gonzo said:

Deffo. But then theres the issue of a lot of those who went there probably live down there. They wont have been to a home game.

Tricky situation innit. It would count me out but there deffo needs to be some form of system put in. Lads like you and Baked shouldnt be missing out.

I fit into this category, easy for me to get to places like MK, Cambridge, Ipswich and the likes and less so for home games and local away’s but that shouldn’t give me any advantage.

3 hours ago, radcliffe white said:

I think some are over thinking it

Points systems have worked at many other clubs for years 

Also what pisses me off this on sale at 10am bollocks 

Should be sold from a portakabin on the club car park at 3am. You want one, you queue up.

• Site Supporter
21 hours ago, Big E said:

you could see when a season ticket is actually use. then you get the points for attendance as first section would always been ST holders with x points. 

It’s a fair point. I bought the seat next to me as an U12 ticket. It’s normally unused but comes with a client ref number. So far I haven’t needed to use it but if needs must…

18 hours ago, tomski said:

Put a point system in then folk will moan again about how many miles they’ve travelled etc etc.

It’s a valid point. Someone doing all the local games can’t be at the same level as someone else doing the same number of distant games. But then you’d need to factor in their residence. If a London White did all the southern games and a Bolton based white all the northern games…

It’ll certainly give some fucker a headache.

16 hours ago, Johnnyrotten said:

Must be impossible to sit together unless you each have the same number of points? (I appreciate Exeter and Fleetwood is mainly standing, but thinking of other grounds).  If 3 want to sit together maybe you only apply when the one with the least points is eligible...

Have you been to an away game recently? For a start, having a seat number is merely an indication of location. You stand where you want and where you can. And woe betide any fucker who decides he/she* is sitting down and wants those in front to sit down so his/her* view in unimpeded.

*usually she/her

I think too many folk have 'Boltons No1 Fan' stickers on their bedroom door and when things like this happen vent their frustration on here by suggesting the answer to their missing out.   Going off all the differing ideas what lads have said on here the solution isn't achievable so we go with how we do things.   😄

9 minutes ago, Breightmet Boy said:

I think too many folk have 'Boltons No1 Fan' stickers on their bedroom door and when things like this happen vent their frustration on here by suggesting the answer to their missing out.   Going off all the differing ideas what lads have said on here the solution isn't achievable so we go with how we do things.   😄

Like has been said, best solution is promotion and we struggle to fill 90% of the away ends.

49 minutes ago, green genie said:

Do your supporter club branches get allocations?

Our London Branch used to get early batch , but not sure if they have since point system introduced.

Colleague who supports City says best way to get tickets for their always is through supporter branch

Yeah.

Lancaster Whites have started being a bit arsey, though.
Insisting that you get their coach as well as the ticket.

The folk saying it’s not needed and are opposing it I don’t understand. A point system would set it up for the future as well. I wouldn’t have anywhere near enough points for a lot of games but still think it would be fair. 

similar with the way they shut ESL and moved the problem upstairs. At least it’s a starting point for the club. 

a loyalty scheme could do all sorts. Discounts etc. a way to help fans feel they get value for doing more. 

40 minutes ago, Big E said:

The folk saying it’s not needed and are opposing it I don’t understand. A point system would set it up for the future as well. I wouldn’t have anywhere near enough points for a lot of games but still think it would be fair. 

similar with the way they shut ESL and moved the problem upstairs. At least it’s a starting point for the club. 

a loyalty scheme could do all sorts. Discounts etc. a way to help fans feel they get value for doing more. 

Its a couple of games a season and no fault of the club they can only offer 1k. 

As mentioned getting promoted, it’s then a non issue. 

To add another layer of complexity but  let’s say my mate hasn’t been doing many aways but his mates use his client ref regularly. He wants to go to a big one for promotion but said lad that’s been using the client ref wants it? Who is in the right.

Folk went mad when Neil made it more complicated to buy a match ticket and you are asking for more layers of complexity now, that’s the bit I don’t get. 

Admittedly I used to see to get annoyed when I missed out on aways when I was bothered but I’m still failing to see how you sort fleetwood out. You sort those that missed out…….. then those that are in but now out will be moaning.

4 minutes ago, tomski said:

Its a couple of games a season and no fault of the club they can only offer 1k. 

As mentioned getting promoted, it’s then a non issue. 

To add another layer of complexity but  let’s say my mate hasn’t been doing many aways but his mates use his client ref regularly. He wants to go to a big one for promotion but said lad that’s been using the client ref wants it? Who is in the right.

Folk went mad when Neil made it more complicated to buy a match ticket and you are asking for more layers of complexity now, that’s the bit I don’t get. 

Admittedly I used to see to get annoyed when I missed out on aways when I was bothered but I’m still failing to see how you sort fleetwood out. You sort those that missed out…….. then those that are in but now out will be moaning.

My moan about fleetwood is the number of people getting tickets without going through the procedures us mere mortals had to go through

Like Traf says - lancaster Whites - London Whites probably got some - what about the supporters trust?? - I believe box owners have always got 4 tickets?? certain pub owners who run coaches????? - I see the "Her Game too" managed to get tickets. How many do the players get for wives/friends?? - I bet none of them turned up on that shitty night last year at Fleetwood?? 

I think the figure they issue should be for how many tickets we have to sell to ordinary fans - once that lot have taken there cut

Rant Over

That re