• Site Supporter

My Football Manager team for Saturday.

Trafford

Jones.  Santos.  Johnston
bradley.       MJ.     Morley.       Iredale

Sadlier.            Dapo

Charles

No Dempsey, No Lee. 

Bod only back today, so he’ll be on bench. John back and trained well apparently, but I’ll be amazed if he starts, bench at best. 

Sadlier and Dapo as inside forwards behind striker Charles, linking play from midfield to attack but free to roam into both wide and forward pockets.

Charles to be fed many chances and he’ll take at least one.

Away victory for the whites 

1 hour ago, desperado said:

Trafford

Sadlier.            Dapo

Charles

No Dempsey, No Lee. 

Bod only back today, so he’ll be on bench. John back and trained well apparently, but I’ll be amazed if he starts, bench at best. 

Sadlier and Dapo as inside forwards behind striker Charles, linking play from midfield to attack but free to roam into both wide and forward pockets.

The ‘undroppable one’ isn’t in that side.

Katchunga - first name on the teamsheet ffs.

Edited by Burndens Bogs

6 hours ago, desperado said:

Trafford

Sadlier.            Dapo

Charles

No Dempsey, No Lee. 

Would like to see this

3 minutes ago, leigh white said:

I need two, and getting in B/Pool about 11 on the train, mate went to Highbury today and got refused, even said he had a caravan at Cala Gran.😀

Sure they'll let you have two on my address mate? Offers there anyway pal.

IE's pre-match comments, are a bit concerning.  He talks about XG (red flag for me), and says Plymouth are "massively outperforming what they're creating, and that's not sustainable".  Whilst "we just have to keep doing the things we're doing and be more consistent with it, make sure we believe in ourselves more and maybe play the numbers game better and get our shots off". 

Plymouth have scored 32 goals in the last 14 league games, we've scored 15.  Most of that has to be because they have the skillset of goalscorers on the pitch generally, we don't.  5 Plymouth players average 6 league goals, our best is 3 including pens and nobody else better than 2.  I'd like IE to address that rather than thinking if we keep getting the ball in the right areas, the ball will automatically end up in the net more often.  I don't see it changing until we consciously recruit and select attacking players, in their best positions, with the ability to finish off half chances.  Or keep selecting Kachunga and Charles up front and hope it changes.

• Site Supporter
2 hours ago, Johnnyrotten said:

IE's pre-match comments, are a bit concerning.  He talks about XG (red flag for me), and says

Plymouth are "massively outperforming what they're creating, and that's not sustainable".  Whilst "we just have to keep doing the things we're doing and be more consistent with it, make sure we believe in ourselves more and maybe play the numbers game better and get our shots off". 

Plymouth have scored 32 goals in the last 14 league games, we

've scored 15.  Most of that has to be because they have the skillset of goalscorers on the pitch generally, we don't.  5 Plymouth players average 6 league goals, our best is 3 including pens and nobody else better than 2.  I'd like IE to address that rather than thinking if we keep getting the ball in the right areas, the ball will automatically end up in the net more often.  I don't see it changing until we consciously recruit and select attacking players, in their best positions, with the ability to finish off half chances.  Or keep selecting Kachunga and Charles up front and hope it changes.

I'm as frustrated as anyone with our current run of form, but he's been proven right before, and think he will be again. Not rocket science is it.

People reject the idea of xG like it's some sort of mythical guesswork. I get people aren't into stats and number crunching, I'm not either really, but xG is a statistical measurement based on actual data analysis it's a genuinely useful tool.

We just need to bloody shoot more often, basically.