Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Fleetwood (A)

burnden

The BWFC supporting side of my head is dazzled and excited by another incredible late comeback. All three of our most recent league wins have now been of this nature - Accrington, Burton, today. 

The calmer side of my head is saying we'd have had less chance of winning any of them without the big summer rule change re the ability to use more subs. 

A lot to think about! But for now the ale sunk tonight will be tasting mighty fine.

• Site Supporter
29 minutes ago, Black Sheep said:

We can't keep doing this, but what a win.

Sadlier made a huge difference - he just has the ability to create & do something different & a very cool finish from Dapo.

We do have issues in this side that need to be addressed, but the spirit & desire to keep going can't be questioned - and although I'm not a big fan of Evatt no one can say that they didn't play for Evatt in the 2nd half today.

We do need some steel & physicality in the side though & a proper CF - but lets just celebrate this win.

Fair play. We’ve disagreed in the past. But that is fair comment.

Drinking round Fleetwood currently, back to Blackpool soon.

That was fucking tremendous 

COYFWM 👏👏

Can't get my head around our team

Thought 1st half we was poor,played a lot of long ball and toothless upfront. 2nd half even before the subs we looked better on the ball more movement and then he makes the subs and we again move up a gear and deservedly won so credit to Evatt for the 2nd half improvement but can't understand why it takes us to be 1 goal down and playing poor to only then start playing with some belief

10 minutes ago, Black Sheep said:

It was a great win in the end, but we've basically beaten a team with the population of Horwich or Farnworth.

It's more of a tale of how far we have fallen.

Leeds have 95 million supporters with Sunderland not far behind 

Not sure how population fits into this

And what happens when we play Sheff Wed, bigger population?

Edited by DirtySanchez

9 minutes ago, victor meldrew said:

what happened?

Well when we scored they weren’t happy but as it turned out before the kick off noticed a lot of green and white scarfs in the end didn’t think anything of it turned out they were all Celtic fans . Spoke to a couple afterwards something to do with the fleetwood manager 

Fleetwood have a population of 25K, us about 250k, its a great result today but come on its like beating Horwich RMI or Rayners !

Not knocking the result as its a great come back, but would we celebrate a win against Chorley like this ? btw Chorley is quite a bit bigger than Fleetwood.

4 minutes ago, Farnywhite said:

Well when we scored they weren’t happy but as it turned out before the kick off noticed a lot of green and white scarfs in the end didn’t think anything of it turned out they were all Celtic fans . Spoke to a couple afterwards something to do with the fleetwood manager 

And just up the road from Blackpool 

1 minute ago, Black Sheep said:

Fleetwood have a population of 25K, us about 250k, its a great result today but come on its like beating Horwich RMI or Rayners !

Not knocking the result as its a great come back, but would we celebrate a win against Chorley like this ? btw Chorley is quite a bit bigger than Fleetwood.

China has 1.4bn

2 minutes ago, Black Sheep said:

So when we beat Charlton did you celebrate saying we've beaten a team with a population of around ten million?

29 minutes ago, Farnywhite said:

Was in the fleetwood end today behind the net as it turned out was a few Celtic fans in the home end as well didn’t help when it kicked off 

You must have been close to me :)

Didnt fancy it when we scored 🤣

1 minute ago, Farnywhite said:

Few of the fleetwood fans said the Celtic lot were from Blackpool 

Did hear a couple of people got knocked out when I left the ground but don’t know if they were Bolton or not when it kicked off I was at the other end of the stand and when  we scored they just looked around just heard a few comments but no trouble 

Just now, DirtySanchez said:

So when we beat Charlton did you celebrate saying we've beaten a team with a population of around ten million?

Seriously, you think that Charlton is the whole of London ? not just a district.

I'm celebrating like everyone else but my point is that we have beaten Fleetwood which is great (and I appreciate that they have had a lot of finance from Piley), but at the end of the day Fleetwood is a very small town with a population of 25,000 - its like beating Horwich, Farnworth or Westhoughton.