Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Fleetwood (A)

burnden

Just now, Black Sheep said:

Seriously, you think that Charlton is the whole of London ? not just a district.

I'm celebrating like everyone else but my point is that we have beaten Fleetwood which is great (and I appreciate that they have had a lot of finance from Piley), but at the end of the day Fleetwood is a very small town with a population of 25,000 - its like beating Horwich, Farnworth or Westhoughton.

I’d take a point at Westhoughton

1 minute ago, Black Sheep said:

Seriously, you think that Charlton is the whole of London ? not just a district.

I'm celebrating like everyone else but my point is that we have beaten Fleetwood which is great (and I appreciate that they have had a lot of finance from Piley), but at the end of the day Fleetwood is a very small town with a population of 25,000 - its like beating Horwich, Farnworth or Westhoughton.

It does not matter how big the population is because I bet there aren't 2 players from Fleetwood that play for them, so your theory is well flawed

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, Black Sheep said:

Who gives a fuck hos many people live there, it's irrelevant 

What's relevant is they would've been 3 points behind us had we lost and we'd be outside the playoffs 

Instead we're joint 4th 

• Site Supporter

Population may come into it when you're at the very top end of the game with big crowds and plenty of money.

Even then its not purely about that- good club management can't be underestimated, from top to bottom. Also the presence of a wealthy benefactor.

Rangers only recently went bust!

• Site Supporter
29 minutes ago, Black Sheep said:

It was a great win in the end, but we've basically beaten a team with the population of Horwich or Farnworth.

It's more of a tale of how far we have fallen.

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

in the absence of opposition fans getting wound up to fuck by us winning, this will do.

I bet you’re fckin gutted

1 minute ago, athywhite1958 said:

It does not matter how big the population is because I bet there aren't 2 players from Fleetwood that play for them, so your theory is well flawed

Is it really ?, I'm as big & as loyal a BWFC fan as you and everyone else is, and that was a very good result today and I'm celebrating as much as the rest - but come on it's Fleetwood, unless you know the town whilst we should celebrate the win, it really is like beating Horwich, Farnworth or Westhoughton.

As I said its more of a reflection of how far we have fallen.

• Site Supporter
Just now, Black Sheep said:

Is it really ?, I'm as big & as loyal a BWFC fan as you and everyone else is, and that was a very good result today and I'm celebrating as much as the rest - but come on it's Fleetwood, unless you know the town whilst we should celebrate the win, it really is like beating Horwich, Farnworth or Westhoughton.

He’s doubling down

fuckinell

lollllllllll

2 minutes ago, Spider said:

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

in the absence of opposition fans getting wound up to fuck by us winning, this will do.

I bet you’re fckin gutted

Why would I be gutted - seriously I love BWFC....why so much shite from fellow fans I despair I really do.

What's the point on here unless you follow the masses.

• Site Supporter
4 minutes ago, Black Sheep said:

Why would I be gutted - seriously I love BWFC....why so much shite from fellow fans I despair I really do.

What's the point on here unless you follow the masses.

You DO know they can only field 11 players don’t you? 

7 minutes ago, Black Sheep said:

Exactly, nothing to do with what team or their town's population, and if it helps we have been there before and come through it

• Site Supporter
24 minutes ago, Black Sheep said:

Fleetwood have a population of 25K, us about 250k, its a great result today but come on its like beating Horwich RMI or Rayners !

Not knocking the result as its a great come back, but would we celebrate a win against Chorley like this ? btw Chorley is quite a bit bigger than Fleetwood.

I don't follow the masses on here but if you're not a wum that probably is one of (if not the) saddest posts ever on here & you really are starved of attention. 

• Site Supporter
Just now, RONNIE PHILLIPS said:

I don't follow the masses on here but if you're not a wum that probably is one of (if not the) saddest posts ever on here & you really are starved of attention. 

He’s Wigan. 100%

• Moderators
13 minutes ago, Black Sheep said:

Or more a reflection on how high Fleetwood have climbed 

We're no strangers to league one 

There's plenty teams from towns and citys with big populations in league two and the national league 

• Site Supporter
Just now, Zico said:

Or more a reflection on how high Fleetwood have climbed 

We're no strangers to league one 

There's plenty teams from towns and citys with big populations in league two and the national league 

There was 16,000 on at notts county today in division 5

• Moderators
3 hours ago, Arrested development said:

Surely this is now a perfect Dec John game. 1 down, attacking wing back on. 

John was only on the bench because of injury, suspension and internationals 

Toal had more chance of coming on