Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Fleetwood (A)

burnden

31 minutes ago, Black Sheep said:

Seriously, you think that Charlton is the whole of London ? not just a district.

I'm celebrating like everyone else but my point is that we have beaten Fleetwood which is great (and I appreciate that they have had a lot of finance from Piley), but at the end of the day Fleetwood is a very small town with a population of 25,000 - its like beating Horwich, Farnworth or Westhoughton.

Charlton is in London, there are no barriers to where fans come from

London is a big place and they don't all have to live in Charlton. 

Next you'll be moaning about how Bournemouth are allowed in the prem because they only get 12k 

Edited by DirtySanchez
Typo

37 minutes ago, Black Sheep said:

Seriously, you think that Charlton is the whole of London ? not just a district.

I'm celebrating like everyone else but my point is that we have beaten Fleetwood which is great (and I appreciate that they have had a lot of finance from Piley), but at the end of the day Fleetwood is a very small town with a population of 25,000 - its like beating Horwich, Farnworth or Westhoughton.

Horwich, Farnworth and Westhoughton haven’t got teams in Lg1.

Can only beat whats in front of you.

9 minutes ago, DirtySanchez said:

Charlton is in London, there are no barriers to where fans come from

London is a big place and they don't all have to live in Charlton. 

Next you'll be moaning about how Bournemouth are allowed in the prem because they only get 12k 

Not sure what this argument is about but I live 20 mins from Millwall, 15 from Palace and 30 from Charlton.

Here it's either Palace or one of either Arsenal, Chelsea, Spurs or yes...Manchester Utd.

Charlton has the better shopping though so there every other week. Well it's Grenwich shopping park really.

Millwall, Palace and Charlton are really local clubs.

43 minutes ago, Black Sheep said:

So if we lose at Sheff Wed away, you'll be fine about it as they have a bigger population?

• Moderators
19 minutes ago, Spider said:

There was 16,000 on at notts county today in division 5

Aye 

Chuck in Bradford, Swindon, Grimsby, Carlisle, Chesterfield, Wrexham etc 

There's plenty of teams further down the ladder with much bigger populations 

It's really not anything to reflect upon following a vital win 

4 minutes ago, Not in Crawley said:

Not sure what this argument is about but I live 20 mins from Millwall, 15 from Palace and 30 from Charlton.

Here it's either Palace or one of either Arsenal, Chelsea, Spurs or yes...Manchester Utd.

Charlton has the better shopping though so there every other week. Well it's Grenwich shopping park really.

Millwall, Palace and Charlton are really local clubs.

Beat a team from somewhere with a smaller population isn't something to be enjoyed is the original crux

4 minutes ago, DirtySanchez said:

Beat a team from somewhere with a smaller population isn't something to be enjoyed is the original crux

No its not and you know it, my point relevant or not it how small Fleetwood actually is.

As I said I'm celebrating as much as the next man, but its tempered knowing that we are celebrating beating a team so small, but I do agree a win is a win.

Just now, Black Sheep said:

No its not and you know it, my point relevant or not it how small Fleetwood actually is.

As I said I'm celebrating as much as the next man, but its tempered knowing that we are celebrating beating a team so small, but I do agree a win is a win.

So if we played say Bournemouth in the cup, if we were still in it, and beat them it would be tempered for you by the fact they get less crowds than we do?

• Moderators
1 minute ago, Black Sheep said:

You're talking like we're a premier league team beating a national League north team in the fa cup, at home 

That might be the case 15 years ago 

We've only fallen two leagues, they've climbed about 4 or 5 

Some might say you have delusions of grandeur 

• Site Supporter
3 minutes ago, Black Sheep said:

I'm a bell end am I - care to meet me next home match & say it to may face you fcuking ball bag.

So

by your logic, we should beat the following if we play them tomorrow:

Wolves

Brighton

Southampton

Norwich

Watford

Preston

Luton

Wigan (sorry to upset you)

Rotherham

Monaco

Villareal

1 minute ago, radcliffe white said:

Keyboard warriors this lot 

Radcliffe far from it, I'm honestly not a keyboard warrior - genuine an old school BWFC fan since the late 70's early 80's - know all the old school lads off here -  I don't want to name them on here, but by all means message me & I'll confirm.

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, Black Sheep said:

Radcliffe far from it, I'm honestly not a keyboard warrior - genuine an old school BWFC fan since the late 70's early 80's - know all the old school lads off here -  I don't want to name them on here, but by all means message me & I'll confirm.

That was just Radcliffes way of calling you a cunt