Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Barnsley FA Cup

little whitt

was in with 2 lads visiting us this weekend now gonna decide closer to the time. Can’t think it fair to put them through this shite at the moment. They won’t understand “we are lucky to have a club” and “we are in the play offs ignore we’ve been embarrassed by shit teams for weeks” 

In, cup fever, cheap tickets, i'd never forgive myself if i missed Connell getting smashed & it should be an open game with neither club wanting a draw......a replay would give us 3 away games in 8 days.  ( Would there be a replay ?, i think i saw something about no replays at some point )

1 hour ago, TrickyTrotter said:

Yes.

Hopefully see a few players on the fringes get a start.  Beck, Sadlier, Toal.  Let’s see what they have or haven’t got.

Not fussed about progressing but hopefully a win.

Seen Toal against Leeds kids - no thanks

In, at those prices.  Can't believe its still £10 for FA Cup, we were paying double that 20 years ago.

Anyway 3rd home v Barnsley in 15 months and no team has managed a goal yet, law of averages says goals in this one.

I read that there are replays for rounds 1 to 4, none from 5th round.  I don't go along with "we don't want a draw", course we want to win but if we can't win, get in the hat for the 2nd round and win the replay (unless we get Plymouth away).  There aren't many games in November anyway.

8 minutes ago, Johnnyrotten said:

In, at those prices.  Can't believe its still £10 for FA Cup, we were paying double that 20 years ago.

Anyway 3rd home v Barnsley in 15 months and no team has managed a goal yet, law of averages says goals in this one.

I read that there are replays for rounds 1 to 4, none from 5th round.  I don't go along with "we don't want a draw", course we want to win but if we can't win, get in the hat for the 2nd round and win the replay (unless we get Plymouth away).  There aren't many games in November anyway.

Isn't the 5th round also in midweek?

From Barnsley web - site - allocated  Upper Tier

Due to ongoing industrial action by postal workers the postage deadline for this game is 3pm Monday 31st October. Where possible please select to collect from Oakwell or contact us to specifically request a collection from Bolton Wanderers. Tickets will remain on sale from the Box Office until 12 noon on Friday 4th November, subject to availability.

Additional information from BWFC – Car parking facilities are available priced at £8 per car, £12 per minibus and £20 per coach. Disabled bays are available on a first come first save basis. Car parks are operated by Parking Eye, using automatic number plate recognition cameras www.parkgood2go.com.

All Car parks, concourse kiosks, coffee carts and hospitality areas will be accepting car payments only.

If you are purchasing away game and cup tickets for other people, you must correctly assign the ticket to each individual for every game even when tickets are on general sale. This will enable us to offer the correct privileges to supporters on occasions when tickets are on restricted sales in a category system. 

• Moderators
39 minutes ago, bwfc2003 said:

From Barnsley web - site - allocated  Upper Tier

If you are purchasing away game and cup tickets for other people, you must correctly assign the ticket to each individual for every game even when tickets are on general sale. This will enable us to offer the correct privileges to supporters on occasions when tickets are on restricted sales in a category system. 

rocket science

but please make it quicker to use

6 hours ago, Spider said:

Is it a 2pm kickoff because a load of sweaty men with vacant stares and Tesco jeans are piling in to watch the snooker in the evening?

That's no way to talk about Cheese. 

I'm skipping this. Can't be arsed with a re run of the league game and quite happy to miss the best Cup game in years. 

• Site Supporter
41 minutes ago, Horwich said:

In person ticket sales stop 2 hours before kick off.

It’s stuff like this that appears irrational. 

It can only stop sales and there’s nothing to be gained by cutting it off at midday.

What’s it all about, Neil?