Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Barnsley FA Cup

little whitt

3 hours ago, radcliffe white said:

Very disappointing

Kachunga is on about a new contract get rid absolutely useless one of worst I’ve seen at bwfc 

He was on the next table to me in the China Rooms in Westhoughton tonight, seems like a decent bloke, so he can have a new contract as far as I'm concerned.

31 minutes ago, Johnnyrotten said:

I'm really struggling with that, and yes I'm only talking about the 1st half, he was absent in the other 15 minutes or so, no service to him.  A winger is supposed to create, and he did that.  And as we have seen, if there's an opportunity to score, he's more likely to take it than everyone in the squad except JDB maybe.  If he's not here after January, do we have a better player lined up? 

He came as a number 10, he has failed to break into the team as a 10, we’ve Sheehan coming back I think Sadlier is not as good as Sheehan and Lee has been used more than Sadlier in the 10 role, I’m not sure how or when he’s ever going to be a regular. Evatt sees him day in and day out and doesn’t seem to think he’s worth a regular place. 

Happy to see Sadlier start today and thought he had a decent first half. I'm not convinced all the offsides were correct either. He put some decent balls into box, something we're crying out for.

I was disappointed to see him on the left at the start of the second half.

8 minutes ago, Traf said:

Happy to see Sadlier start today and thought he had a decent first half. I'm not convinced all the offsides were correct either. He put some decent balls into box, something we're crying out for.

He was offside for 2 of them I was right in line with him. If he ever going to make it he needs a run as a number 10. FWIW I think he’ll be on his way January if we can offload. 

Edited by Mounts Kipper

2 hours ago, gonzo said:

Not at all. Like I just said above. If that's your opinion then fine, theres absolutely nothing wrong with that. There will be an equal amount that back him then a few who are somewhere in the middle. 

That's the whole idea of this place, varied opinions, discussion and debate.

If the lads you talk about only ever bowled in the pub after defeat and called everyone that disagreed with them happy clappers and were nowhere to be seen after wins then yeah Id call them a sad cunt too. In the same way Id be sad cunt if I dissappeared off here after evert defeat then only waded in waving my cock about after a victory.

To me this is just a dip in form. If you think its more than that then cool. Debate away and we will see come May.

I'm in between the 2.  We aren't terrible, we play some great stuff.  The attackers aren't the worst we've had, but we've got JDB scoring fairly regularly when he's picked, and after that not a lot.  Its not really a blip, its where we're at.  I think we'll improve on the last month or so but 6th flatters us, it would be rare for a team to be as high as 6th without threatening from set pieces and without being able to score the long range goals scored by Oxford and Barnsley in the last 2 games.  Its not a dip in form for me, its us being us, and some weeks it may fall into place like at Accrington or getting a penalty like v Lincoln or MKD.  But we don't have the strikers/scorers that Plymouth have or Rotherham/Wigan had last year, we aren't at that level, no point pretending otherwise. 

• Site Supporter
9 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

He was offside for 2 of them I was right in line with him. If he ever going to make it he needs a run as a number 10. FWIW I think he’ll be on his way January if we can offload. 

Don't think there'll be many (if any) out-goings in January. Can't see any incoming either. We've got enough in this squad to make a good go of it. Fine lines at the moment, and unfortunately we're currently treading on the wrong side of those lines. I'm sure it's just a blip and we'll be reet.

Edited by Cheese

We scored 86 goals last year with the same front 4 as this

22 minutes ago, Johnnyrotten said:

But we don't have the strikers/scorers that Plymouth have or Rotherham/Wigan had last year, we aren't at that level, no point pretending otherwise

Edited by jmjhb

21 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

He came as a number 10, he has failed to break into the team as a 10, we’ve Sheehan coming back I think Sadlier is not as good as Sheehan and Lee has been used more than Sadlier in the 10 role, I’m not sure how or when he’s ever going to be a regular. Evatt sees him day in and day out and doesn’t seem to think he’s worth a regular place. 

Its just opinions, IE doesn't think JDB is worth a regular place, and has made a few baffling choices (to me) in the last couple of years, Kachunga, Dixon, Dapo LWB etc. Not to say he's wrong, just saying I don't agree, we all see it differently. But if Sadlier and JDB are on the pitch, we have a better chance of scoring from open play, I don't think that can be disputed.

1 minute ago, Johnnyrotten said:

Its just opinions, IE doesn't think JDB is worth a regular place, and has made a few baffling choices (to me) in the last couple of years, Kachunga, Dixon, Dapo LWB etc. Not to say he's wrong, just saying I don't agree, we all see it differently. But if Sadlier and JDB are on the pitch, we have a better chance of scoring from open play, I don't think that can be disputed.

I agree on JDB but not convinced with Sadlier. All about opinions though. 

9 minutes ago, jmjhb said:

We scored 86 goals last year with the same front 4

74.  8 less than Oxford who finished 8th.  5 of the top 6 scored more.  Not saying we didn't score plenty last year, but Dapo for whatever reason isn't the same player, neither is Charles.  Baka, JDB and Sadlier don't play as much, rightly or wrongly.  We see more of Kachunga and whatever he brings to the team it isn't goals, not his fault, last year he was used as a wide player but seems to have been reinvented as a striker this year.

If you want Evatt gone at this stage you're wasting your energy. Only benefit is some 'told you so' bragging rights down the line if it goes fully tits up.

Objectively from FVs perspective:

- Employers have hired a man for a job.

- So far, man has met each target set out for him by his employers. And currently on course for meeting the next target.

- Performances last 6 or 7 games have been poor, and might even continue for a few more, who knows?

So...

If poor results/performances continue, FV can then either stick with the man that has achieved the targets and give him time to sort out any negative deviation from them. OR sack him and try someone new.

Judging by the patience they showed during the last two seasons, I doubt the latter will be exercised unless it goes totally and utterly to shit. 

8 hours ago, Mounts Kipper said:

I'm pretty sure he's spent the overwhelming majority of his career as a winger.

8 hours ago, Traf said:

This is exactly how I felt.

8 minutes ago, auckland_bwfc said:

Jesus Wept.

Screenshot_20221106-084138.png

Once again the BN comments section makes even the most perplexing posters on here seem sane.

The club were in L2 18 months ago and are now competing against clubs that were in the Championship, clubs with better players and higher budgets and the same aims that we have (Championship football).

Evatt will have targets and my guess he is meeting them or on track to. 

It's always a strange morning when I wake up to news of a defeat and then read through the match thread and find the usual suspects going off. Kin'ell it's like having Hughmungus back, how long until this fella goes the same way?

1 hour ago, radcliffe white said:

Disappointing crowd given the price and no home game until Dec 

Terrible crowd… perhaps club should include season ticket holders in the first 2 rounds of the FA cup. Don’t know what’s wrong with folk these days regarding FA cup.. really pisses me off it’s seen as a glorified Papa Johns game. 

Edited by Mounts Kipper

• Site Supporter
13 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Terrible crowd… perhaps club should include season ticket holders in the first 2 rounds of the FA cup. Don’t know what’s wrong with folk these days regarding FA cup.. really pisses me off it’s seen as a glorified Papa Johns game. 

Can’t do it. All pricing needs the agreement of the opposition.

Used to love the FA cup but even shocks don’t reverberate like they used to as the top teams can’t be arsed.

us beating Liverpool shocked football more than say Cambridge beating Newcastle last season

28 minutes ago, radcliffe white said:

Biggish says Walsall 2019

Yes, and that was January as it was 3rd round, so god knows when we last won a 1st round game.  Since then we've been drawn at home 4 seasons running and still not got to the 2nd round.  Plymouth, Crewe, Stockport the previous 3.