Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Barnsley FA Cup

little whitt

7 hours ago, DirtySanchez said:

Add to that I'm still scarred by the Stoke semi final 

So it can still fuck off

After Stoke, walking back to the tube , I said to myself ,inside the stadium is ok , (seat and view) , rubbish location , crap experience , I'm never coming here again , ever . Yes I was scarred too. 

Edited by Nottm_Wanderer
Typo

1 hour ago, Nottm_Wanderer said:

After Stoke, walking back to the tube , I said to myself ,inside the stadium is ok , (seat and view) , rubbish location , crap experience , I'm never coming here again , ever . Yes I was scarred too. 

Got stung as the police were basically plying us onto a train to Marylebone from the station 

Had an oyster card that needed topping up but the machine on the station wasn't working but got told to get on anyway and explain at the other end 

Which I did only to be accused of fare dodging. I'd be a pretty shit fare dodger to admit to a guard that I hadn't paid. They topped up the card then charged me twice 

To get the money back I had to ask on writing 

So the FA cup can still fuck off

• The topic was unpinned
39 minutes ago, CJG said:

We would have been playing Crewe at home AGAIN had we won 

That's a shame we've missed out on another discussion

"I don't give a stuff about the FA Cup / We are due a cup run / Will it be moved to Sunday? / What a crap draw again / ST holders should be allowed in free / Maybe IE will start a few of the squad players (Sadlier) / Avoid a draw at all costs / Can we pay on the day?" 

Oh well, cut and paste to next season.

19 minutes ago, Johnnyrotten said:

That's a shame we've missed out on another discussion

"I don't give a stuff about the FA Cup / We are due a cup run / Will it be moved to Sunday? / What a crap draw again / ST holders should be allowed in free / Maybe IE will start a few of the squad players (Sadlier) / Avoid a draw at all costs / Can we pay on the day?" 

Oh well, cut and paste to next season.

Be straight in the 3rd round next season mate :)

13 hours ago, gonzo said:

Be straight in the 3rd round next season mate :)

I think they could drop us in at Q-F stage and we'd still be having the same chat every time the draw is made 😃

It will be the same on most club's forums, discussion of a cup match revolves around everything but the actual game!

• 1 month later...

Probably needs a new topic for the away game, but had an email saying the train I booked back from Barnsley to Sheffield on 2 January has been cancelled, nothing new there obvs, but as it stands there's no trains at all from Barnsley to Sheffield all day anymore.

Hopefully they're just in the middle of constructing a new timetable...

50 minutes ago, Marc505 said:

Probably needs a new topic for the away game, but had an email saying the train I booked back from Barnsley to Sheffield on 2 January has been cancelled, nothing new there obvs, but as it stands there's no trains at all from Barnsley to Sheffield all day anymore.

Hopefully they're just in the middle of constructing a new timetable...

Northern Rail's Timetables changed yesterday, mate.

17 minutes ago, Marc505 said:

The stack of emails I've now received amending journeys left right and centre are testament to this 😃

It has been a sorry tale of woe for you this season and you're too deeply invested now to miss a game.

Just now, Traf said:

It has been a sorry tale of woe for you this season and you're too deeply invested now to miss a game.

Never again, ever!

I just had a quick look at the Northern rail assistance page on twitter and backed away quickly, it has caused complete chaos this timetable change.

16 minutes ago, Marc505 said:

Never again, ever!

I just had a quick look at the Northern rail assistance page on twitter and backed away quickly, it has caused complete chaos this timetable change.

It has indeed.

Round my way we have kids who get the train to schools.

Now a large chunk of them are going to be late every day.

5 minutes ago, mickbrown said:

It has indeed.

Round my way we have kids who get the train to schools.

Now a large chunk of them are going to be late every day.

I'm sure the same happened last time they did this as well. Whole network is virtually unusable at the moment, certainly pot luck at best.

• Moderators
3 hours ago, Marc505 said:

Never again, ever!

there's always national express and travel lodges to fall back on