Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Cambridge

Ani

51 minutes ago, DirtySanchez said:

Does it stop at Stevenage?

If so hop off there and get the Thameslink to Cambridge 

You have described Plan B 

it is strange as the train is still showing on trainline website stopping at pboro , but the alternative via Stevenage is n't. 

• Site Supporter

I don’t think he’ll go 4-3-3 on Saturday. It didn’t really work against Barnsley, so why use it now?

Aimson is arguably our best defensive centre half, (distribution skills not required) and it’s ironic that Evatt’s changed the system just as he’s out for 6 weeks.

We need to show some balls on Saturday or we’ll just get rolled over again.

Looking forward to the day out but not sure if I’m looking forward to the game itself.

• Moderators
41 minutes ago, Steejay said:

I don’t think he’ll go 4-3-3 on Saturday. It didn’t really work against Barnsley, so why use it now?

Aimson is arguably our best defensive centre half, (distribution skills not required) and it’s ironic that Evatt’s changed the system just as he’s out for 6 weeks.

We need to show some balls on Saturday or we’ll just get rolled over again.

Looking forward to the day out but not sure if I’m looking forward to the game itself.

it worked 2nd half against Accrington

so long as it's an option like it was when we were 0-2 at Accrington, then start 3-4-1-2 or whatever

• Moderators
56 minutes ago, Lt. Aldo Raine said:

I thought we looked more threatening than we have for a while with the 4-3-3 in the first half on Saturday.

I'd like to see us try it with Dad Bod up front. I'm pretty certain he'd make better use of Sadlier's deliveries into the box.

never 'got' baka, even his goals didnt win me over, but hes looked proper up for it last 2 times ive seen him

ive no idea what we will see this week

7 hours ago, Lt. Aldo Raine said:

I thought we looked more threatening than we have for a while with the 4-3-3 in the first half on Saturday.

I'd like to see us try it with Dad Bod up front. I'm pretty certain he'd make better use of Sadlier's deliveries into the box.

I agree and I think just because we gave up two poor goals isn't a true indicator of how well it could work. Playing that system competitively will require work on the training ground and game experience. 

We've been conceding sloppy goals with 5 at the back anyway and although we looked more open in transition (to use evatt's words), I'd expect that would lessen the more the players got used to it again. The first goal was a bit of a freak own goal and the second was a mix up between Iredale and Dapo but a stunning finish too. 

I hope he gives it another crack because I think it gives us more round pegs in round holes but also I'm not opposed to us sticking with the 5-3-2 and hoping we cut out the individual mistakes and become more clinical. But as many have said, I think we need a more consistent starting 11 either way.  

8 hours ago, RUREADY2ROLL said:

He is talking about Ely

So am I.

8 hours ago, Steejay said:

Might be up the road…Minster Tavern? Also massive beer stall on the market itself.

Yeah not much on the market square itself, but a few ok places about but generally lacking for great pubs. Minster is a nice building but like a weatherspoons, Draymans Son, just down from market Sq sell real ale straight out of barrel but usually has something good and interesting on. 3 at 3 is a nice little beer cafe place, tiny inside but nice little patio if weather OK and can take food from market there. Prince Albert usually has a great selection of ales on.

Few pubs on the river, but location over good pub quality really.