Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Cambridge

Ani

On 08/11/2022 at 11:56, Traf said:

image.png.fcdc13f13dcfac0f1ebf1d5b16e0a54a.png

Yes we have tripled checked the email from Trainline was wrong. The very helpful lad at LNER said was not first time it has happened. 
Based on the travelling time I am thinking first leg 1 bottle , middle leg  2, final leg 3. So a 6 bottle journey with San Miguel at £8.50 for a box of 12 , it is a cheap day out. 
See you on train probably. 

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, Steejay said:

With MJ suspended, it'd be good to see Morley playing a bit deeper, then Dempsey & Sheehan in front.

No need to be too defensive against these.

Dempsey because he has balls & Sheehan because he can shoot from range.

All about opinions, but I wouldn't put Morley and Sheehan in together. Particularly away from home and whilst out of form. 

2 hours ago, Steejay said:

With MJ suspended, it'd be good to see Morley playing a bit deeper, then Dempsey & Sheehan in front.

No need to be too defensive against these.

Dempsey because he has balls & Sheehan because he can shoot from range.

On that basis I'd have Sadlier, playing down the middle where he can do most damage.  Sheehan did score a great free kick on his debut but I'm struggling to think of many shots he's had since from any distance (happy to be corrected if I've forgotten).  After Sheehan struggled v Oxford I'd have Lee, Dempsey and Dapo before him, as well as Morley currently.

5 minutes ago, Traf said:

Oooooh, if we're playing this game, I'd like to see....

Trafford

Jones Santos Johnston Iredale

Sadlier Morley Dempsey Dapo

Bodvarsson Charles

I would go with that but might give Charles a rest - not sure if the other two strikes are worth risking so maybe Lee just behind Bod

Just now, Leyther_Matt said:

9D7BDDB9-8BE1-40CB-B984-2D61298090EB.jpeg

Correct.

Might catch teams out, everyone's used to 3-5-2, 3-4-1-2 etc etc, but an old style 4-4-2 might work for some away games, solid back 4, 2 solid centre mids, 2 "wingers", a target man and a smaller one playing off him. 

35 minutes ago, Traf said:

Correct.

Might catch teams out, everyone's used to 3-5-2, 3-4-1-2 etc etc, but an old style 4-4-2 might work for some away games, solid back 4, 2 solid centre mids, 2 "wingers", a target man and a smaller one playing off him. 

Trouble is, the two centre mids would have to have the game of their lives playing against a three

• The topic was pinned

Cambridge Fans forum have mixed views but they're certainly not getting carried away....

Bolton without Declan John - sick - and MJ Williams whos suspended. Not won here in the league since 85.

Wish I hadn't mentioned that.

Who’s Their Player To Watch? They’ve got a few, with striker Dion Charles the most likely to hurt United. At the back Captain Ricardo Santos has always been a formidable opponent and difficult to beat.

2-1 knibbs and brophy
Horror own goal in first 5 mins. Usual suspects go mental and miss best 2nd half of season so far
Absolutely no demo against Qatar world cup.
Noone dares slag off the refs

2 wins in 6 in the League. Not exactly a wobble but they're not in commanding form. I'd take a point.

2-2 a much improved performance.

1-2
Digby
😩

Digby to get all 3 on current form?

....and a bit of a piss take of our fans....

Just to be present in the stadium as the Bolton Wanderers take to the pitch should be enough for us all. Would anyone like to join me in forming a guard of honour for their supporters as they enter the turnstiles? I've looked into hiring sedan chairs to carry them across Coldhams Common, but unfortunately it's a little on the expensive side.

...same bloke...

As I write, a local artisan is removing the crucifix from the altar & replacing it with a Bolton Wanderers FC crest in laminated plastic where it'll remain until 12th Night.

...although not everyone agreed...

I think the Bolton fans will be happy enough with the probable gift of an own goal or shoddy back pass.

...that would be helpful TBF.