Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Cambridge

Ani

• Site Supporter
17 hours ago, Steejay said:

Thomason in midfield is like Kachunga up front.

They work hard, do their best but they don’t really affect a game. No goals, rare assists, we need game changers atm, guys who are more positive.

Couldn't disagree more.

You always need a "water carrier " which is what Thomason and mj do. It allows others to express themselves. Watch back too- some of thomason's passing is tremendous. Gets things moving. Its up to the attacking players to score. 

• Site Supporter
9 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Couldn't disagree more.

You always need a "water carrier " which is what Thomason and mj do. It allows others to express themselves. Watch back too- some of thomason's passing is tremendous. Gets things moving. Its up to the attacking players to score. 

I don’t disagree with the role of a holding midfielder, but I think that Morley could do that tomorrow and also provide more of a positive mindset.

Thomason did really well when he first came into the team this season and proved a few people wrong, but he’s been ineffective recently. 

• Site Supporter
17 minutes ago, Steejay said:

I don’t disagree with the role of a holding midfielder, but I think that Morley could do that tomorrow and also provide more of a positive mindset.

Thomason did really well when he first came into the team this season and proved a few people wrong, but he’s been ineffective recently. 

The whole team has.

Morley isn't good enough defensively- as Evatt acknowledged recently. They're working on it, but he's not ready yet.

2 hours ago, Steejay said:

I think Morley has got too much running in him (and possibly not enough discipline tbh) to just be sat in that role

46 minutes ago, Ratwhite said:

Just arrived 

mission on train 

Bikini weather #COYWM 

Sat outside a pub now and it’s soon got chilly! First pint going down nicely though

• Moderators
23 minutes ago, tomski said:

I think this has a 1-0 stink out defeat written all over it. Please tell me I’m wrong tomorrow at 5pm

Aye, all things considered it's a grotty looking fixture 

No reason to think we'll win, I wouldn't take a draw but got a bad feeling we'll concede early 

• Members

Probably been mentioned earlier in the thread but I like the forces providing the officials thing. Nice touch on this weekend - the kind of thing I would expect to see at Ibrox.

A smash and grab raid behind enemy lines would be even more appropriate. COYWM.

Edited by bolty58

9 hours ago, Zico said:

Aye, all things considered it's a grotty looking fixture 

No reason to think we'll win, I wouldn't take a draw but got a bad feeling we'll concede early 

And like last season they'll shut up shop and we'll struggle to break them down 

Found it bizarre they had a half time competition of trying to kick a ball into a skip, all sponsored by a local skip company. If you managed it you got a voucher for said skip company 

Had a Bolton fan doing it and never managed it. Probably as well as I'm not sure what they would do with a voucher for a skip company in Cambridge 

11 minutes ago, gonzo said:

Get down there a back them lads.

This negative bollocks needs to fuck off.

Well said.

I am feeling negative about the wanderers at the mo. But if I was going they’d get my full backing.

The reality is this mini slump is easily turned round. COYWM.

• Site Supporter
19 minutes ago, tomski said:

Well said.

I am feeling negative about the wanderers at the mo. But if I was going they’d get my full backing.

The reality is this mini slump is easily turned round. COYWM.

Last seasons malaise was gone with a sweep of Dion’s boot in the 90th minute at Shrewsbury in front of packed away end.

The same again today would be glorious