Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Cambridge

Ani

• Site Supporter

The predictable over reaction again. We didn't get bullied out of it and got a reasonable point in the end.

Dempsey couldn't get out the way of that fella for the sending off. If that's a booking, then so is their LB for blocking Bradley off 2 mins later.

2 or 3 very soft bookings. Thought the ref was a bit shit - is it because Evatt has a go at them too often? Maybe.

If Baka and Charles were missing chance after chance, I'd be worried. They feed off less than an 80's Etheopian.

Still not sure why Kachunga starts that game when Lee, Dapo and Sheehan who are all better are on the bench.

Point gained

2 minutes ago, RUREADY2ROLL said:

Exactly and defensively we are poor with Johnston in the side

He was particularly dross today, watch him just before the Dempsey second card, let's the fella bypass him when he only had direction he could run in, skips past, foul (debatable) and off. It's the little things....

2 minutes ago, Breightmet Boy said:

decent point my arse, they was there for the taking, it was tedious at best

Since Sept every game has been tedious, we are not good to watch hence me asking what exactly is 'brand Evatt'. I honestly don't know and can't see what he (Evatt) is trying to implement or coach - I do like his passion for BWFC but I don't think that that he's as good a manager or coach as some of the fans who back him un conditionally think.

However, I do think that under the circumstances it was a good point. 

2 minutes ago, Biggish Dave said:

The predictable over reaction again. We didn't get bullied out of it and got a reasonable point in the end.

Dempsey couldn't get out the way of that fella for the sending off. If that's a booking, then so is their LB for blocking Bradley off 2 mins later.

2 or 3 very soft bookings. Thought the ref was a bit shit - is it because Evatt has a go at them too often? Maybe.

If Baka and Charles were missing chance after chance, I'd be worried. They feed off less than an 80's Etheopian.

Still not sure why Kachunga starts that game when Lee, Dapo and Sheehan who are all better are on the bench.

Point gained

On the back of other results, another failure to score at a lower club isn't a great record though.  Cambridge's last 5 home results: 0-2, 0-2, 0-1, 0-1 then they play us and get a 0-0.

Last time we scored first from open play in the first 80 minutes was Morecambe, 15 games ago.  Yes 2 pens scored as well, and we did come back v Charlton in the 1st half, but we can't deny that the pattern is that the starting XI is not good enough to open teams up and take the game by the scruff of the neck.

12 minutes ago, Black Sheep said:

Decent point IMO.

However. I really haven't got a clue about 'Brand Evatt' - is it pressing, passing football or is it pass between the keeper & defenders for a while and then just hoof it. I honestly can't see anything that Evatt is improving or a 'specific' brand of football that he's trying to implement or coach, is it just me ? can everyone else see something good in how we play that I can't ?

BTW that headed miss from Jones was shocking, it was harder to miss than score.

Something as changed with the pressing game from a few months ago was wondering if the fitness levels have dropped of and they have run out of steam to play like that every week . Evatt said pre season we would have to be one of the fittest sides in the division 

Just now, Farnywhite said:

Something as changed with the pressing game from a few months ago was wondering if the fitness levels have dropped of and they have run out of steam to play like that every week . Evatt said pre season we would have to be one of the fittest sides in the division 

Let's be honest he says a lot of things that only he can see.

• Site Supporter
4 minutes ago, Johnnyrotten said:

On the back of other results, another failure to score at a lower club isn't a great record though.  Cambridge's last 5 home results: 0-2, 0-2, 0-1, 0-1 then they play us and get a 0-0.

Last time we scored first from open play in the first 80 minutes was Morecambe, 15 games ago.  Yes 2 pens scored as well, and we did come back v Charlton in the 1st half, but we can't deny that the pattern is that the starting XI is not good enough to open teams up and take the game by the scruff of the neck.

Cambridge are not as shit as some would like to think. They won't be bottom 4 in May. Won't even be close

Relieved we saw it out for a point while down to ten men and in the context of recent results a hard-fought away point will do for now. 

But...... we've not broken the troubling recent pattern in any way. Still no goal from open play in the first half of a league game for more than two months and we still generally look stodgy. 

Beggars can't be choosers. Could have been a whole lot worse. 

20 minutes ago, Eddie said:

We were worse than this during the same period last year. Hopefully we can just keep in touch with the play offs until January and then work some magic once again for a 2nd half of the season charge.

We were but we were so strapped for quality we ended up having to play Senior at full back at one stage.

We didn't have anything like the squad depth we have now, which is a concern.

• Site Supporter
20 minutes ago, Biggish Dave said:

Point gained

Excellent. 

Do you reckon they'll challenge the red?

2 minutes ago, Spider said:

Who do we replace him with? You wanted him gone recently and I assume you’ve still the same opinion?

Don’t think I said that unless I was a bit pissed and don’t remember. Probably not happy with him and rightfully so but no I don’t want him sacked . 
think at present we’re seeing a lot of the squad need shipping out . Evatt does have to take the blame for tactics formation  ect .but to get rid at this moment would be to far