Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Cambridge

Ani

16 hours ago, DazBob said:

I don't want to "win".  I really hope we're never made to pay for what I see as a daft gamble.

But you will never know how many times in those games we have used the extra option on the bench to win us points.

So far not having a keeper in the bench has cost us zero points. It may cost us points in a future game but it has in all probability saved us points in games already. 

I personally would have Dixon on the bench but Evatt choosing to take the option that works best 99% of the time is hard to argue against. 

16 hours ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

What's the chances of an opposing player deliberately leaving one on Trafford in a gamble because we've no sub?

Noticeable, that against Morecambe & Port Vale, he did put Dixon the bench.

Not that I would infer that they were the types of team to do just that, you understand.

• Site Supporter

Took me a while to get around to posting this, but top weekend, not even spoiled by a lack of a shot. Met a few off here and few from Westhoighton pre- match.

Getting home Sunday was a fucking mare culminating with an Uber from Sheffield station to Atherton (4 of us) - £185 ouch.

Gutted cant be at Fleetwood today though 

@anewman pestering the Vision allocation stewards 

Edited by Ratwhite