Jump to content
Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Cambridge


Ani
 Share

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, Biggish Dave said:

Cambridge are not as shit as some would like to think. They won't be bottom 4 in May. Won't even be close

Not saying they're shit at all, just another team in poor form that we failed to score against.  They drew 0-0 at Curzon Ashton last week on top of 5 home games without a goal.  Looking at our last dozen games, since Plymouth, we've had a great run of fixtures against teams either out of form or bottom half.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Site Supporter
Just now, Johnnyrotten said:

Not saying they're shit at all, just another team in poor form that we failed to score against.  They drew 0-0 at Curzon Ashton last week on top of 5 home games without a goal.  Looking at our last dozen games, since Plymouth, we've had a great run of fixtures against teams either out of form or bottom half.

Hopefully this is our shit spell in the season. If we are still in touch when we come out of it - which we will, we could be smiling in May

Link to comment
Share on other sites

46 minutes ago, Biggish Dave said:

No, 2 bookings can't be changed. Only a 1 game ban though

I've never understood the double jeopardy when you get 2 yellows that can be for minor offences, kicking the ball away, a mistimed tackle etc3, nothing violent.  If you get booked every single game you play, you never get suspended or sent off (except the 1 game ban after 5 bookings).  If you pick up 2 bookings in 30 games but they happen to be in the same game, not only do you miss (say) half an hour and your team's down to 10 men, you also miss another game.  Its the equivalent of getting a 1 game ban for every 2nd yellow you get, even then you aren't also making your team play with 10 men.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Biggish Dave said:

The predictable over reaction again. We didn't get bullied out of it and got a reasonable point in the end.

Dempsey couldn't get out the way of that fella for the sending off. If that's a booking, then so is their LB for blocking Bradley off 2 mins later.

2 or 3 very soft bookings. Thought the ref was a bit shit - is it because Evatt has a go at them too often? Maybe.

If Baka and Charles were missing chance after chance, I'd be worried. They feed off less than an 80's Etheopian.

Still not sure why Kachunga starts that game when Lee, Dapo and Sheehan who are all better are on the bench.

Point gained

Point gained wow Dave

lets hope for a draw against fleetwood too

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Evatt 𝗜𝘁 𝗹𝗼𝗼𝗸𝗲𝗱 𝗺𝗼𝗿𝗲 𝗹𝗶𝗸𝗲 𝘂𝘀. 𝗜 𝘁𝗵𝗼𝘂𝗴𝗵𝘁 𝘄𝗲 𝘄𝗲𝗿𝗲 𝗺𝗼𝗿𝗲 𝗲𝗻𝗲𝗿𝗴𝗲𝘁𝗶𝗰, 𝗺𝗼𝗿𝗲 𝗮𝗴𝗴𝗿𝗲𝘀𝘀𝗶𝘃𝗲 𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝗺𝗼𝗿𝗲 𝗶𝗻𝘁𝗲𝗻𝘀𝗲." 
That’s putting a spin on it . 

Edited by Farnywhite
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Farnywhite said:

Evatt 𝗜𝘁 𝗹𝗼𝗼𝗸𝗲𝗱 𝗺𝗼𝗿𝗲 𝗹𝗶𝗸𝗲 𝘂𝘀. 𝗜 𝘁𝗵𝗼𝘂𝗴𝗵𝘁 𝘄𝗲 𝘄𝗲𝗿𝗲 𝗺𝗼𝗿𝗲 𝗲𝗻𝗲𝗿𝗴𝗲𝘁𝗶𝗰, 𝗺𝗼𝗿𝗲 𝗮𝗴𝗴𝗿𝗲𝘀𝘀𝗶𝘃𝗲 𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝗺𝗼𝗿𝗲 𝗶𝗻𝘁𝗲𝗻𝘀𝗲." 
That’s putting a spin on it . 

Well if he feels that way so next week 1 change for Dempsey let’s see 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Farnywhite said:

Problem is no one knows our best eleven for the opposition  to worry about . That includes the manger and fans 

Maybe true, but it SHOULD include Dapo.

We're likely to lose our best talent in years because IE prefers a format the lad doesn't suit. Which would be just one of those things if that formation was working.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Moderators
1 minute ago, Black Sheep said:

If Ian Evatt doesn't know his best XI after 17 league games, then we really do have a problem.

He thinks his best 11 differs dependent on the opposition

Maybe he would be better asking blokes in the pub who havent been since Allardyce?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Casino said:

He thinks his best 11 differs dependent on the opposition

Maybe he would be better asking blokes in the pub who havent been since Allardyce?

Or perhaps blokes in the pub who have been every season before & after Allardyce but do carry on Mr know it all / super fan....

Edited by Black Sheep
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Casino said:

He thinks his best 11 differs dependent on the opposition

Maybe he would be better asking blokes in the pub who havent been since Allardyce?

That’s his problem worrying about opposition rather then playing to our strengths and let the opposition worry about us . 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Moderators
7 minutes ago, Black Sheep said:

Or perhaps blokes in the pub who have been every season before & after Allardyce but do carry on Mr know it all / super fan....

Youre the one who brought up folk who never go as being worth listening to

I dont give a fuck about their opinion

No better than plastic reds

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Casino said:

Youre the one who brought up folk who never go as being worth listening to

I dont give a fuck about their opinion

No better than plastic reds

Really, you class lads / fans who supported BWFC in the 80's, 90's, 00's but who no longer go as no better than plastic reds ?

Just shows what an arrogant person you really are.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Casino said:

Pay your money and get an opinion

Really ?, can you only pay your money in 2022 to get an opinion, not season after season for 20 / 30 plus years previously.

You are very dis respectful to people who probably saved your bacon once or twice over the years, but do carry on the arrogance gets better with everything you post.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Black Sheep said:

Really ?, can you only pay your money in 2022 to get an opinion, not season after season for 20 / 30 plus years previously.

You are very dis respectful to people who probably saved your bacon once or twice over the years, but do carry on the arrogance gets better with everything you post.

May I ask, why do these top boys not frequent the match anymore?

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • The topic was unpinned

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.