Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Barrow H (Pizza Cup)

L/H White

• Moderators
12 minutes ago, Marc505 said:

What you reckon the interest would be in drawing United's kids at home in this?

I reckon we'd be looking at opening a second lower tier. Not filling them, but a decent spread in each plus some away fans including locally based red cunts.

And a decent police bill for a nothing game.

I hope for your sake it's Mansfield, Burton or Lincoln away

in fact, I hope we get to the final and those 3 away or our route there

you deserve it

• Site Supporter
11 minutes ago, Zico said:

you deserve it

I hope the Gods turn in his direction and give him those fixtures. Based on his luck so far it will be:

last 16: Accrington (a

Quarters: Plymouth (a)

Semi: Portsmouth (a)

With a few Tuesday rail strikes thrown into the mix.

Feel free to strike me down @Marc505 if this happens 😂 

17 minutes ago, Zico said:

you deserve it

Been wanting Mansfield away in a cup for ages, not just because it's easy but also never been so it would be a tick off job!

We're due an away in this tournament anyway, starting to feel like it's being hosted by the UniBol 😃

4 minutes ago, desperado said:

I hope the Gods turn in his direction and give him those fixtures. Based on his luck so far it will be:

last 16: Accrington (a

Quarters: Plymouth (a)

Semi: Portsmouth (a)

With a few Tuesday rail strikes thrown into the mix.

Feel free to strike me down @Marc505 if this happens 😂 

Seeing that it's not actually regionalised past this next round is a sickener for us all! 

25 minutes ago, Leyther_Matt said:

Bring back the ‘northern area final’!

Should also earn qualification to a mini Euro comp with the French, German and Italian equivalents. 

I actually thought it was still northern/southern area finals! What a pile of turd this competition is

2 hours ago, Marc505 said:

I actually thought it was still northern/southern area finals! What a pile of turd this competition is

Last season's Qtr Finals were Hartlepool v Charlton, Rotherham v Cambridge, Sutton v Harrogate and the best one Wigan v Arsenal U21s.  Is it any wonder this competition goes under the radar.  In the 80s our Northern finals were against Blackpool and Wigan, both over 2 legs and all 4 games had much bigger crowds than league games. 

• The topic was unpinned
9 minutes ago, L/H White said:

Shaun Wright-Phillips doing the draw 

Lot of his mates in Qatar covering the biggest tournament in the world while he deals with the pizza cup draw :D

The fact there is a World Cup game being played at the same time as the draw is shoddy scheduling. Yet another embarrassing gaffe by FIFA. First a World Cup in winter and now a match clashing with the PJT draw!

Just now, Leyther_Matt said:

Can play at home and in theory is supposed to be at their main stadium rather U21. Sincerely hope we avoid them though

Ok so we could play united away but it could be at old Trafford or we’re ever there under 21 play or they have the option of changing to a home game for us . That right ? 

5 minutes ago, Leyther_Matt said:

Can play at home and in theory is supposed to be at their main stadium rather U21. Sincerely hope we avoid them though

I can't get my head around why Mansfield are playing at Goodison for their game though, it goes against everything previously said about the rules in this!

4 minutes ago, Marc505 said:

I can't get my head around why Mansfield are playing at Goodison for their game though, it goes against everything previously said about the rules in this!

Rules I quoted on here the other day was that it needs to be at first team stadium; it’s only the group stage where the U21s aren’t allowed to play at home. Dogheads v DMBs was at Molineux the other night. Recall Chelsea playing one of these games at Stamford Bridge the other year. Rest never made it so far.