Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Gary Cahill retired

emus wig

2 hours ago, Wanderlust said:

I don't think we got the best out of him either in playing terms or financially

We had an absolute shocker here.

Given that we only went down on the last day, and spent the £7m on an untried defender from the states and Marvin Sordell; surely we’d have been better off keeping him, therefore increasing our chance of survival and losing on a free in the summer.

8 minutes ago, BWFC_LOVE said:

We had an absolute shocker here.

Given that we only went down on the last day, and spent the £7m on an untried defender from the states and Marvin Sordell; surely we’d have been better off keeping him, therefore increasing our chance of survival and losing on a free in the summer.

We should have made him sign a new contract.

58 minutes ago, radcliffe white said:

Coyle & that clown from palace slip your mind 

Liked Coyle but appreciate why people don’t.

Freedman was a clown. No arguments from me.

It saddens me that no Bolton manager will ever get the spending power Megson did. We were going down with a whimper and he had that team underperforming.

It was the only time I stopped wanting to go to matches. It was grim. 

Europe alone he should never be forgiven, I genuinely believe we could of made that final. So much so I bought tickets.

I find it staggering despite what has happened that anyone looks back on his time fondly. 

He did bring some good players in but so have I on champ man over the years. He couldn’t manage for toffee the dour Yorkshire shagging manc twat.

19 minutes ago, tomski said:

It saddens me that no Bolton manager will ever get the spending power Megson did. We were going down with a whimper and he had that team underperforming.

Europe alone he should never be forgiven, I genuinely believe we could of made that final. So much so I bought tickets.

I find it staggering despite what has happened that anyone looks back on his time fondly. 

He did bring some good players in but so have I on champ man over the years. He couldn’t manage for toffee the dour Yorkshire shagging manc twat.

You would have lost to Rangers in next round anyway....so half your fans would have been made up anyway, with all the Rangers shagging that goes on!!!

Just now, Pablo said:

You would have lost to Rangers in next round anyway....so half your fans would have been made up anyway, with all the Rangers shagging that goes on!!!

Potentially but it was our one shot. Can’t disagree with the next bit though.

40 minutes ago, tomski said:

Thought he’d be named Sir Gary after being the only manager for yonks to beat our main rivals at home😀

2 hours ago, gonzo said:

Took us to a mid table Premier League finish and last 16 of UEFA cup including beating Athletico Madrid, Red Star Belgrade and a draw at Bayern Munich.

Other clubs would've had a statue outside.

I was at Burnley away and Hull home when it all turned toxic over the Christmas period 

I get he was a PR disaster and old school in terms of how he handled things, but when you've got fans not accepting him from the minute he walked in the door, you can see why he was like he was