Jump to content
Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Gary Cahill retired


emus wig
 Share

Recommended Posts

  • Moderators
4 hours ago, tomski said:

We were going down with a whimper and he had that team underperforming.

I find it staggering despite what has happened that anyone looks back on his time fondly.

 

 

Another opinion....

Down with a whimper, my arse

Megson

Pl18. 18 pts, inc 6 in his last 4  unbeaten.

Coyle

pl20.  23 Points, better but not night and day, is it?

and did Coyle not add Holden and Wilshere...not sure on times, tbh

 

Megson shouldve got rid of Davies though

Also, on budgets, much of it was funded by the sale of Anelka, wasnt it?

Any deficit shouldve been recouped by selling Cahill but we ballsed up

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Site Supporter
2 hours ago, DirtySanchez said:

I was at Burnley away and Hull home when it all turned toxic over the Christmas period 

I get he was a PR disaster and old school in terms of how he handled things, but when you've got fans not accepting him from the minute he walked in the door, you can see why he was like he was 

He could have just said ' I understand some fans being sceptical given I'm not the high profile manager they were expecting but I promise to give everything to this historic club & repay their faith in me'...... but no, he had to spit his venom in the direction of all the fans & from there on in he was on borrowed time...... He was a miserable, arrogant cunt. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Casino said:

Another opinion....

Down with a whimper, my arse

Megson

Pl18. 18 pts, inc 6 in his last 4  unbeaten.

Coyle

pl20.  23 Points, better but not night and day, is it?

and did Coyle not add Holden and Wilshere...not sure on times, tbh

 

Megson shouldve got rid of Davies though

Also, on budgets, much of it was funded by the sale of Anelka, wasnt it?

Any deficit shouldve been recouped by selling Cahill but we ballsed up

 

See depends how you spin it I suppose. 100% we were going when Megson left though.

That Hull game was vicious as many games were before. Think we were both at the wolves game weeks before when the Colonel cock blocked me on the train trying to take a bird out in Manchester. When we scored people were eyeing each other up for a scrap to celebrate or not celebrate.

Coyle spent nothing and kept us up by miles in the end of that season.

Year after was some of the best stuff I’ve ever seen us play. The injury to Holden and lack of Wilshire killed us in Cm the season after.

Ill get laughed at but Elmander was never replaced and it killed us. Ngog was a bad like for like.

I also agree relegation was avoidable even in them last few games.

Cant defend OC for the championship stint.

That said I’d take the OC ride over Megsons every day.


 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Moderators
11 minutes ago, tomski said:

See depends how you spin it I suppose. 100% we were going when Megson left though.

That Hull game was vicious as many games were before. Think we were both at the wolves game weeks before when the Colonel cock blocked me on the train trying to take a bird out in Manchester. When we scored people were eyeing each other up for a scrap to celebrate or not celebrate.

Coyle spent nothing and kept us up by miles in the end of that season.

Year after was some of the best stuff I’ve ever seen us play. The injury to Holden and lack of Wilshire killed us in Cm the season after.

Ill get laughed at but Elmander was never replaced and it killed us. Ngog was a bad like for like.

I also agree relegation was avoidable even in them last few games.

Cant defend OC for the championship stint.

That said I’d take the OC ride over Megsons every day.


 

Megson put a decent squad together but the football was painful at times, but at least the team were well drilled and knew what they were meant to be doing

Coyle took that team, added Holden, gave them a bit more freedom and enthusiasm, and gave us some of the best football I've seen watching us

the problem with Coyle was he didn't do stuff like practicing set peices and all that in training, ping pong over tactics so the enthusiasm only goes so far

then when the good players left or got injured, he had to being in his own and build a new squad, and they were mostly all shit, so it went to shit

if you could morph their strengths into one person, it would make for a decent manager

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, RONNIE PHILLIPS said:

He could have just said ' I understand some fans being sceptical given I'm not the high profile manager they were expecting but I promise to give everything to this historic club & repay their faith in me'...... but no, he had to spit his venom in the direction of all the fans & from there on in he was on borrowed time...... He was a miserable, arrogant cunt. 

Not defending Megson but the fact we went for a championship manager at Leicester didn't sit well with a lot of fans who would never change their minds

He was up against it from day one 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, RONNIE PHILLIPS said:

He could have just said ' I understand some fans being sceptical given I'm not the high profile manager they were expecting but I promise to give everything to this historic club & repay their faith in me'...... but no, he had to spit his venom in the direction of all the fans & from there on in he was on borrowed time...... He was a miserable, arrogant cunt. 

And do you honestly think if he'd said all those things it would have made a difference? 

Eventually he got pissed off with the fans, was a PR disaster and probably thought 'fuck you' I've got a contract 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, DirtySanchez said:

Not defending Megson but the fact we went for a championship manager at Leicester didn't sit well with a lot of fans who would never change their minds

He was up against it from day one 

I think time and a lot of relegations have made Megson look better over time. Not one person was gutted when he went. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, tomski said:

I think time and a lot of relegations have made Megson look better over time. Not one person was gutted when he went. 

I wasn't saying that. 

It was the reaction to his arrival 

And probably lead to his relationship with the fans 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, DirtySanchez said:

I wasn't saying that. 

It was the reaction to his arrival 

And probably lead to his relationship with the fans 

Not really a direct comment to yours.

Everyone hated Megson by the end. Majority wanted to give him a chance. Looking back he was a wet arse as he seemed offended by the kids with the bedsheet and his disdain for our support was embarrassing as BWFC manager.

Think you are spot on that his relationship stunk. He really was a knobhead.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Moderators

Coyles team probably played the best foitball since okocha on his prime

But

Check back, it lasted about 6 weeks and even one of those games was 'only' a draw v blackpool

Backpool, bewcastle, wolves away and was it spurs?

Other than that it was pretty much what was fair to expect

Grind out enough points to stay up, no problem with that at all

 

However, chelsea on a sunday at home, muamba and swapping cahill for a bag of sweets

Wanker

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Site Supporter
1 hour ago, DirtySanchez said:

And do you honestly think if he'd said all those things it would have made a difference? 

Eventually he got pissed off with the fans, was a PR disaster and probably thought 'fuck you' I've got a contract 

I can only speak for myself but..... No I wasn't happy with his appointment but certainly wasn't going to boo him, it was more a, case of fuck it we'll just have to see how it pans out but once he made his statement & showed his lack of class by spitting his dummy out then he was finished in my eyes. 

     He was working unpaid for a reason, he hit the jackpot getting to manage a Premier league team & still couldn't be humble enough to ride a bit of a backlash from a minority of fans..... Whether you see his spell here as successful or not as a person he is an Ubercunt. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Megson was a cunt of the highest order , yes the bedsheet brigade were up in arms , but his inability to see that a few idiots did not constitute all fans was pitiful. I was not happy when he was appointed but prepared to give him a chance. I was delighted when he was sacked.

Coyle was not a cunt of the highest just a very limited manager. Brilliant when things were going well but totally clueless when results went south. Signings were awful. Muamba and Holden were as good a CMF pairing as we had had for years but he dropped Musmba to play Chris Eagles FFS ! Defending a lead at home to West Brom that would have kept us up he bought on CYL returning from a broken leg !

Of the two Coyle did more damage to the club but Megson was the bigger cunt.

Dougie Friedman was probably worse than both. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Site Supporter
15 minutes ago, Ani said:

Megson was a cunt of the highest order , yes the bedsheet brigade were up in arms , but his inability to see that a few idiots did not constitute all fans was pitiful. I was not happy when he was appointed but prepared to give him a chance. I was delighted when he was sacked.

Coyle was not a cunt of the highest just a very limited manager. Brilliant when things were going well but totally clueless when results went south. Signings were awful. Muamba and Holden were as good a CMF pairing as we had had for years but he dropped Musmba to play Chris Eagles FFS ! Defending a lead at home to West Brom that would have kept us up he bought on CYL returning from a broken leg !

Of the two Coyle did more damage to the club but Megson was the bigger cunt.

Dougie Friedman was probably worse than both. 

Have a +1 sir! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Moderators
13 hours ago, Black Sheep said:

The Spurs & Newcastle home games were very good, if memory serves me right Bale was in the Spurs team.

Was in the posh seats for spurs sat near bales parents and brother 

He had a proper schoolboy tantrum about them losing and Bale having a shit game 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.