Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Wanderers v Bristol Rovers

gonzo

7 minutes ago, Whitesince63 said:

Another missed opportunity tonight, Ipswich drawing at home and Plymouth losing. If we seriously want to catch the top 3 we have to be winning games against teams like Bristol. Good goal by Charles but he’d already missed a couple before that which would have Changed the game. Oh well a points better than none but Wanderers are so frustrating.

Cant see us troubling the top 3.

5th/6th/7th

Which is fine

I would say they easily make my top 5 cunt performances I've seen at home. Easily. 

One nil up after 2 minutes with their only shot on target and time wasting after 5 mins. Pathetic. Managed by a cunt, played like cunts. Very frustrating. 

Referee was a standard shite league one ref who let them get away with it. 

Dion might have scored a good goal at the end but generally he's not taking the easier chances abd neither are the other strikers. Kachunga is barely a footballer at this point. 

He needs a proper striker in January. 

• Site Supporter

I'd love to know what Evatt thinks Kachunga does so well that none of our other attacking players can do which influences him to pick him every week..... It genuinely baffles me. The juxtaposition between his performances & inclusion as opposed to Sadlier for instance is startling. 

Just now, barrycowdrill said:

If I was any of our other attacking players I’d be fucking raging at the amount of chances, roles and playing time kachunga gets 

IE might think he is a nice looking boy. Stubborn get is Evatt was the same with continuing to play Crellin and not having a goalie on the bench 

We need a striker and a dominant Centre Half in the window

1 minute ago, RUREADY2ROLL said:

IE might think he is a nice looking boy. Stubborn get is Evatt was the same with continuing to play Crellin and not having a goalie on the bench 

We need a striker and a dominant Centre Half in the window

Problem is how do you off load shit like kachunga to free wages up 

1 minute ago, L/H White said:

16,786? Find that hard to believe. 

Piss poor again. Won't keep getting away with this 90+ equalisers / winners 

Lots of teams around us with games in hand 

We're going to quickly fallout of the playoff's 

Were quiet capable of winning our next two games. It i'll be rite.

Well just got back and my 1st thoughts are Bristol rovers are fucking cunts to a man.1st half we were shite but not helped by a total inadequate ref who needs to read the rules were you only stop play for a head injury.2nd half we played a little better but BRFC were still cunts.Evatt needs to drop Kachunga offers nothing,Beck had good spells and some shit spells,Toal got better as the game went on overall for me we are not good enough for promotion at this moment in time to many players not playing to there potential 

Just wom. Not as cold as I thought it would be.

Thought Bristol where great, fast, slick movement, attacking and up for it......for three minutes.....before descending in to a big pile of time wasting nothingness. If they went at us at 0-1 they'd have scored more. 

As it is we toiled away, in cricketing terms we where bowling hoping for wickets imo. But, regardless, another late game changer which in an odd way feels better than your generic 3-0 type home win. 

Quite liked Toal, didn't seem rushed or panicky. Hoping Dion kick starts from here. We need a settled centre forward that knows he's number one. 

A point salvaged, a dreadful ref, again, they seem to get worse. And a seat in the playoffs. A good pedestal for when we ultimately take off 

15 minutes ago, L/H White said:

16,786? Find that hard to believe. 

I reckon there was closer to 13k on.

A frustrating night, not helped by a shocking Ref & shithouse timewasting oppostion, although you wouldn’t expect anything else from a Joey Barton side.

If we’d scored first we would have won the game comfortably.

Great strike from Charles. Hope it’s the confidence boost that he needs, particularly as I thought he should have done much better when he should have gone across the keeper a few minutes earlier.

Can anyone confirm that Barton was actually in the dugout rather than wearing their number 6 shirt? Not often you see a player in such a mould of his manager.

Hope Thomason’s injury isn’t a bad one. Looked in a lot of pain when it happened. Their mon knew EXACTLY what he was doing too. Dirty bastard.