Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Meanwhile in Istanbul

bolty58

38 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

2 other cuntish challenges, Gayle at Burnley and Woodhouse at the Reebok, was it spooner & Holden basically finished. 

I can't think of any off the top of my head, but have we ever had a player that's done a shit tackle that's pretty much ended another players career?

1 hour ago, Sweep said:

I can't think of any off the top of my head, but have we ever had a player that's done a shit tackle that's pretty much ended another players career?

Diouf blinded Adrian De Zuw.

Nobody knew at the time but Diouf is part of a witch doctor tribe and his spit is laced with time activating poison from a dart frog.

It kicked in last year and the bloke is now fully blind.

15 minutes ago, gonzo said:

Diouf blinded Adrian De Zuw.

Nobody knew at the time but Diouf is part of a witch doctor tribe and his spit is laced with time activating poison from a dart frog.

It kicked in last year and the bloke is now fully blind.

Crikey, never knew that.

2 hours ago, Sweep said:

Big Sam on George Lyall, he never played again after scoring this goal. 2min 20.

Edited by Mounts Kipper

• Site Supporter
5 hours ago, Mounts Kipper said:

2 other cuntish challenges, Gayle at Burnley and Woodhouse at the Reebok, was it spooner & Holden basically finished. 

The first one- that was the game when SJM didn't return the ball and we scored iirc.

Which leads me onto a little tale.

Couple of weeks ago I was having surgery on my thumb. I asked for a local anaesthetic which the surgeon was happy about. During the event we got chatting about football and he said he was a Burnley fan, which led onto talk of games between our sides.

Then he spoke about SJM not giving the ball back, and his tone changed ever so slightly. 

Clearly, it still wrankles, but I thought better of pursuing it as he was in the process of stitching my tendon back together!🤣

53 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

The first one- that was the game when SJM didn't return the ball and we scored iirc.

Which leads me onto a little tale.

Couple of weeks ago I was having surgery on my thumb. I asked for a local anaesthetic which the surgeon was happy about. During the event we got chatting about football and he said he was a Burnley fan, which led onto talk of games between our sides.

Then he spoke about SJM not giving the ball back, and his tone changed ever so slightly. 

Clearly, it still wrankles, but I thought better of pursuing it as he was in the process of stitching my tendon back together!🤣

I thought it was Phil Brown who wouldn’t return the ball but a good tale all the same, good that it still grates them.