Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Robotic Hoovers

Zico

• Moderators

I want one - got hardwood floods in hallway and extension, and with a dog and child, at this time of year in particular, they are constantly a bit dirty/grubby

so I want something that i can kick off each day that will go round and pick up all the bits of shite and dust etc

the mrs has dismissed them all as shit as she had one years ago, but it was a cheap one off wowcher or something

been having a look, you can spend anything from £150 to £600

am more inclined to try the cheaper ones, they all look the same anyway

thinking something like this at £150

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Eufy-Upgraded-Super-Thin-Self-Charging-Medium-Pile/dp/B07DDDB34D

but then there's a "new" model of that though it's £320

https://www.amazon.co.uk/eufy-RoboVac-Dynamic-Navigation-Boundary-dp-B088D1BRCJ/dp/B088D1BRCJ/ref=dp_ob_title_home

I'm not opposed to spending that if it works and i don't have to constantly keep on top of it but not if it's shite and I still end up having to get the hoover out

anyone got one? are they any good?

I've been looking at getting one as well, as we have all wooden floors through the downstairs, and they do get pretty dusty inbetween the cleaners intermittant visits (she seems to come and go as she pleases at the minute)

Anyway, my mate has this one: eufy by Anker RoboVac G30 Edge Robot Vacuum Cleaner with Smart Dynamic Navigation 2.0, 2000Pa Suction, Wi-Fi, Boundary Strips, For Carpets and Hard Floors. : Amazon.co.uk: Home & Kitchen and he reckons it's excellent. I've seen it wandering around his house, and I've never seen it stick anywhere. It's quite nifty how it decides when it needs to charge up, and then goes back "home" to do so 

Edit: Just seen there's £100 off voucher at present, so I'll probably invest this evening

Edited by Sweep

1 minute ago, Cheese said:

Like any cordless vacuum cleaner, they're absolutely shite and the novelty wears off after a few days when you realise it's picking up fuck all.

Presumably you don't have a decent one then, we have a cordless cleaner (Shark) and it's excellent I'm told. Anytime I ever try and use it, it seems to do the job..

• Site Supporter
49 minutes ago, Zico said:

I want one - got hardwood floods in hallway and extension, and with a dog and child, at this time of year in particular, they are constantly a bit dirty/grubby

so I want something that i can kick off each day that will go round and pick up all the bits of shite and dust etc

the mrs has dismissed them all as shit as she had one years ago, but it was a cheap one off wowcher or something

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Eufy-Upgraded-Super-Thin-Self-Charging-Medium-Pile/dp/B07DDDB34D

https://www.amazon.co.uk/eufy-RoboVac-Dynamic-Navigation-Boundary-dp-B088D1BRCJ/dp/B088D1BRCJ/ref=dp_ob_title_home

I'm not opposed to spending that if it works and i don't have to constantly keep on top of it but not if it's shite and I still end up having to get the hoover out

You’ve said here that you have a missus.

Your hoovering solution is therefore quite literally staring you in the face, if you catch my drift you fucking great woofter

Edited by Spider

1 hour ago, Zico said:

Can you report back as this sounds good.

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, Sweep said:

Presumably you don't have a decent one then, we have a cordless cleaner (Shark) and it's excellent I'm told. Anytime I ever try and use it, it seems to do the job..

Had a Shark, 2 different Vax's, and a plethora of other shite. They're okay (never brilliant) for a month or so, then either something fails (on the Vax it was always the belt that drove the roller), or they just gradually lose suction as the battery life plummets. Never again. Can't beat a Henry plugged into the mains.

Edited by Cheese

• Site Supporter

Well

fookinell

I’ve just had a look at ours and it’s a shark you have to plug in to a socket.

Missus asked why I was showing any interest in it and I said I was curious about how much it cost.

£350 FUCKING POUNDS.

its about £20 of plastic. Even though she reckons it’s the best we’ve ever had

three hundred and fifty pounds.

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Spider said:

You’ve said here that you have a missus.

Your hoovering solution is therefore quite literally staring you in the face, if you catch my drift you fucking great woofter

nah, she's shite at stuff like that

she used to work on a cruise ship and had her own cabin

this meant she could leave it in a right state every day, and when she finished work, she'd go back to the cabin and find it spotless

i'm sure she thinks she still works on ships

she serves other purposes, but cleaning the house to an acceptable standard isn't one of them

plus I'm a modern man