Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Robotic Hoovers

Zico

• Site Supporter
33 minutes ago, Spider said:

Well

fookinell

I’ve just had a look at ours and it’s a shark you have to plug in to a socket.

Missus asked why I was showing any interest in it and I said I was curious about how much it cost.

£350 FUCKING POUNDS.

its about £20 of plastic. Even though she reckons it’s the best we’ve ever had

three hundred and fifty pounds.

Our Peg was mithering for a Shark.

I said theres no fucking way she's spending that amount on a hoover as there was nothing wrong with the one she had.

It got a little heated.

She was at the top of the stairs and fucking threw it at me then shouted well its fucked now eh.

She bought a Shark.

I no longer voice my opinion about these things

• Site Supporter
23 minutes ago, barryk32 said:

I said theres no fucking way she's spending that amount on a hoover as there was nothing wrong with the one she had.

It got a little heated.

She was at the top of the stairs and fucking threw it at me then shouted well its fucked now eh.

She bought a Shark.

😂😂😂😂

9 minutes ago, gonzo said:

After trying Dyson Animals, Sharks and a host of other shite we are back on a plug in Henry.

If you actually need your hoover to pick stuck up theres no substitute. 

Henry Pet is the future. We had a shark and it just didn’t have the suck or capacity required for anything bigger than a downstairs loo. 

• Site Supporter

https://www.allianceonline.co.uk/ensign-360-plus-contract-vacuum-gam00360.html

Best vacuum on the market by a country mile. It's an upgraded sebo bs36. Mine cost me about 500 quid (its the sm2 version)

Sebo > miele > old Henry > shark > new henry 

Nunatic have really suffered with the new power laws and a canister vacuum now can't keep up with an upright. The miele just manages to pip it as its bulletproof and seems to just... work.. 

• Moderators
2 hours ago, barryk32 said:

It got a little heated.

She bought a Shark.

And that my friend is what is referred to as a compromise 

• Site Supporter

That reminds me, I was stuck in a traffic jam over the summer and in a van next to me were a load of decapitated Henry Hoovers.

it was actually harrowing. Their eyes looked full of hope but they seemed to be heading to some sort of Henry Hoover gas chamber to me.

Ill dig the pic out

16 hours ago, Zico said:

I want one - got hardwood floods in hallway and extension, and with a dog and child, at this time of year in particular, they are constantly a bit dirty/grubby

so I want something that i can kick off each day that will go round and pick up all the bits of shite and dust etc

the mrs has dismissed them all as shit as she had one years ago, but it was a cheap one off wowcher or something

been having a look, you can spend anything from £150 to £600

am more inclined to try the cheaper ones, they all look the same anyway

thinking something like this at £150

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Eufy-Upgraded-Super-Thin-Self-Charging-Medium-Pile/dp/B07DDDB34D

but then there's a "new" model of that though it's £320

https://www.amazon.co.uk/eufy-RoboVac-Dynamic-Navigation-Boundary-dp-B088D1BRCJ/dp/B088D1BRCJ/ref=dp_ob_title_home

I'm not opposed to spending that if it works and i don't have to constantly keep on top of it but not if it's shite and I still end up having to get the hoover out

anyone got one? are they any good?

I wouldn't trust one.

Anyway, one of my life pleasures is hoovering the house. Therapeutic.

• Moderators
15 hours ago, gonzo said:

After trying Dyson Animals, Sharks and a host of other shite we are back on a plug in Henry.

If you actually need your hoover to pick stuck up theres no substitute. 

2 hours ago, Underpants said:

I wouldn't trust one.

Anyway, one of my life pleasures is hoovering the house. Therapeutic.

we got a yellow hetty, don't get me wrong, it's does a good job and I don't mind doing it

but not every day, if I get the hoover out, it's to do the lot, I can't be arsed getting it out to go over the downstairs every day because of the dirt and mud and all that which the dog and daughter traipse in and around the place depsite my best efforts for them not too

so i need something to help me keep on top of it whilst I get on with something more productive like work or world cub gambling, and then use hetty to do a proper job round the house of a weekend

my god

I would never have posted this on rivals

FML