Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Plymouth Home

green genie

1 hour ago, Ani said:

What is this reputation you refer to ? ( Genuine question that sounds like a dig)

Why would you get a loan player ahead of say Bolton ? We know that Traf ( keeper not poster) often goes to City for coaching days which would not be practical if out with yourselves. 

The five young lads from prem and championship teams we’ve had on loan have all been given plenty of games in a side doing 103 pt season pace.

As you point out we’ve struggled with geography before to get players down in comparison to teams living in shadow of big Manc , Scouse  and London giants who have been hoovering up best youngsters for years.

7 minutes ago, green genie said:

No, tried to persuade mrs her invalid mum would love nothing better than to have us lot up

Be a pretty sparse away end with Ipswich and Wendies long hauls in next month.

Your next six games will go a long way to deciding your season...

Bolton (a)
Ipswich (a)
Cheltenham (h)
Accrington (a)
Derby (h)
Sheff Weds (a)

18 minutes ago, Traf said:

Your next six games will go a long way to deciding your season...

Bolton (a)
Ipswich (a)
Cheltenham (h)
Accrington (a)
Derby (h)
Sheff Weds (a)

Not quite, We’ve bought ourselves chance for a blip with 103pt half season which included 4 straight without a win.

we could have your form for second half of season and get to 91 points and as don’t have any of top 8 to play after March 11th got to fancy it

I expect Ipswich and Wendies to be low 90s so will be interesting especially if they splash cash this moth

1 minute ago, gonzo said:

Bolton flu :D

Close, Broken hip replacement over Xmas.

edit. Probably meant we have Bolton flu not coming up. As I said in first post of thread FFS when they moved game as would have been great trip end of March

Edited by green genie

17 minutes ago, green genie said:

Close, Broken hip replacement over Xmas.

edit. Probably meant we have Bolton flu not coming up. As I said in first post of thread FFS when they moved game as would have been great trip end of March

Both :D

Yeah that wouldve been a great day out for you lot. Crap it being now.

Anyway....

Carrs>Ginsters 

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, green genie said:

Not quite, We’ve bought ourselves chance for a blip with 103pt half season which included 4 straight without a win.

we could have your form for second half of season and get to 91 points and as don’t have any of top 8 to play after March 11th got to fancy it

I expect Ipswich and Wendies to be low 90s so will be interesting especially if they splash cash this moth

Beware of those teams you play who aren’t top eight; they want to be or they want to at least stay in the league.

1 hour ago, MickyD said:

Beware of those teams you play who aren’t top eight; they want to be or they want to at least stay in the league.

Not discounting anyone as we got stuffed by Charlton and Grimsby but after our April run in disaster against entire top 6 I’ll take “easier” option 

13 hours ago, RUREADY2ROLL said:

Sheff Wednesday and Derby top two. Play offs Ipswich, Plymouth, Barnsley and us if we get a couple of quality players in

Possibly Roll but I don’t think Derby are actually that good so it’s the Owns and Ipswich top 2 for me. Plymouth I just think will fall off, they’ve done brilliantly so far but seem to have had all the luck going.

• Site Supporter
Just now, Whitesince63 said:

Possibly Roll but I don’t think Derby are actually that good so it’s the Owns and Ipswich top 2 for me. Plymouth I just think will fall off, they’ve done brilliantly so far but seem to have had all the luck going.

Over half a season gone- maybe they make their own luck?

It's often a feature of the best teams.

We'll get to see soon enough. 

29 minutes ago, Whitesince63 said:

Nice to know you follow us that closely.

I said we were lucky not to lose to you at home but one of very few games I’d say that about

Two of our first choice back 5 have one start between them all season and we had seven out for part of November so I’d say you’re assessment is misplaced 

31 minutes ago, Whitesince63 said:

Hi Whitey

I'm not convinced by Derby either though they have a manager who knows how to get out of this division 

I think the gulf is just too great for them to make top two. I'm not sure how much cash the owner has but it seemed he bought them as a last resort rather than actually wanting to own/run a club 

I got the impression his aim is promotion at all costs so chucked money at it, including getting Warne in after about ten games 

If they don't go up next season could be interesting for them if he doesn't have the money to keep them going 

• Site Supporter
27 minutes ago, green genie said:

Said as much to gonzo earlier, but nowt Cornish about them apart from factory location. Owned by Samworth Brothers of Leicester along with Melton Mowbray pork pies and a host of chilled meal brands.

Maybe the local employees should revolt and put some decent stuff inside the pasties.

Few years back I got a pie from some place in neighbouring Devon. Some farm type place that sold all sorts of stuff.

Counted one piece of meat, and a few small pieces of spud.

Absolutely terrible. 

Hope they're not representative of the general food of the South West. 

1 hour ago, green genie said:

Nice to know you follow us that closely.

I said we were lucky not to lose to you at home but one of very few games I’d say that about

Two of our first choice back 5 have one start between them all season and we had seven out for part of November so I’d say you’re assessment is misplaced 

Don’t worry he is misplaced on most subjects

18 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Maybe the local employees should revolt and put some decent stuff inside the pasties.

Few years back I got a pie from some place in neighbouring Devon. Some farm type place that sold all sorts of stuff.

Counted one piece of meat, and a few small pieces of spud.

Absolutely terrible. 

Hope they're not representative of the general food of the South West. 

Probably half the staff at Ginsters are immigrants 

Before you get uppity about meat content I have regaled the class of my first trip to Carr’s and asking Mrs what else was in Whist pie as label said no more than 17% meat.