Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Plymouth Home

green genie

• Site Supporter
19 minutes ago, green genie said:

Probably half the staff at Ginsters are immigrants 

Before you get uppity about meat content I have regaled the class of my first trip to Carr’s and asking Mrs what else was in Whist pie as label said no more than 17% meat.

Carr's are far from the regions best. Still streets ahead of ginsters. 

• Site Supporter
4 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Carr's are far from the regions best. Still streets ahead of ginsters. 

Just had a look the history of whist pies. Seems they are "double crust", whatever that means I'm not sure, and filled with jelly.

I'd imagine therefore they have a lower meat content by design, irrespective of where they're bought.

2 hours ago, green genie said:

Nice to know you follow us that closely.

I said we were lucky not to lose to you at home but one of very few games I’d say that about

Two of our first choice back 5 have one start between them all season and we had seven out for part of November so I’d say you’re assessment is misplaced 

Well you obviously see much more of them than I do Genie but from just the highlights you seemed to me to have had the rub of the green more often than most but there’s no denying you’ve been superb this season and deserve to be where you are. We can’t make the top two so good luck to you for the second half of the season, other than Saturday of course obviously!! 😉

It must be a great time to be an Argyle fan at the moment. Some excellent young players/loanees that Evatt would be envious of layered on to an already decent base. Whittaker may have been recalled by Swansea but there is still tons of firepower up top and some good players coming in like the young FB from Norwich. Fully expect Argyle to get promoted this year - and then be faced with the dilemma of signing/replacing the loanees :)

From what I've seen and heard, the football is exciting to watch and there's a good mixture of skill, pace and power - Sam Cosgrove is a proper beast of a striker and probably what we could do with TBH - he was brilliant at Aberdeen and ain't doing bad this year. Maybe a reason to start Santos to handle him?

Have to put Argyle down as favourites for this, but it comes back to how we play on the day - we'll certainly have to be at our best. Massive challenge.

• Site Supporter
30 minutes ago, green genie said:

Phelps of Hayle or Malcolm Barnecutts both do mail order. Try those and come back to apologise😁

Apologise for what- criticising something you've already criticised? Dear me.

I might well try one of those, there are loads of places all over for good pies- Frasers on Rishton Lane do the best meat and potato job around.

King Street in Castle Douglas- two butchers next door to each other, with magnificent baked options. Haggis pies, staggis, and bridies. Lovely stuff.

1 hour ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Apologise for what- criticising something you've already criticised? Dear me.

I might well try one of those, there are loads of places all over for good pies- Frasers on Rishton Lane do the best meat and potato job around.

King Street in Castle Douglas- two butchers next door to each other, with magnificent baked options. Haggis pies, staggis, and bridies. Lovely stuff.

Lochinver Larder do the best pies in the UK, probably the known universe

https://www.lochinverlarder.com

• Site Supporter
23 minutes ago, green genie said:

He won’t last game if makes himself known 

Think that some of them fuckers were taking liberties in Plymouth last season?

Locals sorted them out though.

Edited by Steejay

6 hours ago, green genie said:

To distract from pastry chat for a minute we’ve just made 3rd cash signing of window, Callum Wright from Blackpool. Strange as played 10 times for them after signing from Leicester in summer.

scored 9 in 34 from midfield for Cheltenham on loan last year 

3 talented youngsters all with the potential to play at Championship level - Argyle absolutely going for it.

10 hours ago, Steejay said:

Think that some of them fuckers were taking liberties in Plymouth last season?

Locals sorted them out though.

Didn’t do anything in Plymouth apart from usual postering. Couple Argo wannabes took their first SI slap up there from grown men should’ve known better 

To be fair they’re still grieving over 86 takeover.