Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Plymouth Home

green genie

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, Burndens Bogs said:

Deary me what a saddo, it reminds me of those Jocks who support anyone who England play against, because their own team is shit.

And he’s adding money to our coffers 😁

• Site Supporter

Just had a client in - his lad (Blackburn fan) and 3 of his mates have become Argyle members and going to the match on Saturday in the away end.

In their case though, they are all 15/16 year old lads and haven't been to the ground before so just going for a balloon around

• Site Supporter
46 minutes ago, Biggish Dave said:

Just had a client in - his lad (Blackburn fan) and 3 of his mates have become Argyle members and going to the match on Saturday in the away end.

In their case though, they are all 15/16 year old lads and haven't been to the ground before so just going for a balloon around

Fucking hell, Blackburn and Wigan teens rocking up to Bolton? Do the police intelligence folk know this? GMP will be cancelling all leave!

2 hours ago, Burndens Bogs said:

Deary me what a saddo, it reminds me of those Jocks who support anyone who England play against, because their own team is shit.

TBF, apart from one or two, don't we all support anyone who plays against Man U?  That said, actually attending the match seems a bit daft, but as said above, "Thanks for the money, Mongo".

1 hour ago, Biggish Dave said:

Nearly as bad as that set of absolute pedophiles with dirty fingernails that went to forest green with no ken do t-shirts on.

Have that lot been put away for dodgy hard drive content yet?

Takes me back to being a mid teen on the burnden paddock , the days we had 3/4 of it and then a metal railing, no man's land ,and another railing.    Memory not 100% but we were playing some nondescript team and then about 2.30 chanting came from the tunnel and about 20 or so appeared wanting to have a go at anyone, turned out they were I think Oldham whos game had been postponed and so just rocked up at our place.  Sure they ended up climbing over the railing and stayed in the away end.     Am sure some of you must have a better recollection of it.     Ws in the days that 'the lads' came in just after 3 and stood at the bottom of the paddock.

• Site Supporter
25 minutes ago, W.cramp said:

Takes me back to being a mid teen on the burnden paddock , the days we had 3/4 of it and then a metal railing, no man's land ,and another railing.    Memory not 100% but we were playing some nondescript team and then about 2.30 chanting came from the tunnel and about 20 or so appeared wanting to have a go at anyone, turned out they were I think Oldham whos game had been postponed and so just rocked up at our place.  Sure they ended up climbing over the railing and stayed in the away end.     Am sure some of you must have a better recollection of it.     Ws in the days that 'the lads' came in just after 3 and stood at the bottom of the paddock.

Vaguely remember that.

Each to their own, but it wouldn't be for me.

3 hours ago, W.cramp said:

Remember 70’s when our game at Oldham got called off so we drove to Blackpool vs Blackburn (both were near the top of the second division like us). we were in the paddock with the cop end to our right and Blackpool end to the left when it kicked off in the Blackpool end. After about 10 minutes the police got it under control and started to march about 150 round the pitch and we thought they were Blackburn. Whilst passing I noticed quite a few and they were all Bolton. Blackburn fans clapping them thinking they were their lot and as soon as the police let them into the cop it kicked off there. Police ended up surrounding the Bolton for the game. Anyone remember that?

Edited by RUREADY2ROLL

7 hours ago, W.cramp said:

Was Gillingham at home in 85/7 - season we got relegated to Div 4. One of our few good days that year. We tanked them 3-0 and Mark Gavin had a blinder. Absolutely hammered it down all day.

10 minutes ago, paulhanley said:

Was Gillingham at home in 85/7 - season we got relegated to Div 4. One of our few good days that year. We tanked them 3-0 and Mark Gavin had a blinder. Absolutely hammered it down all day.

I remember that game well.  Caldwell was also on fire, I think they had Cascarino in their team, they were decent.  There was a letter in the Buff from a Gillingham fan the week after congratulating us on how well we'd played!

20 hours ago, gonzo said:

Nearly as bad as that set of absolute pedophiles with dirty fingernails that went to forest green with no ken do t-shirts on.

Have that lot been put away for dodgy hard drive content yet?

Was the long haired nonce who wears 3/4 length trousers one of them! 

12 hours ago, paulhanley said:

Remember it well.  Gavin was unplayable that day and iirc we were on a bit of a run at the time. Said to my mate on the way home "this team is going places".  I didnt expect it to be bloody division 4 though.