Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Plymouth Home

green genie

• Moderators
55 minutes ago, Wanderlust said:

Really looking forward to this. As Evatt says, Plymouth are the best team in this division and by some distance - so we really need to be at our best.

i love evatt, but tell me he hasnt said that

hes a barmpot

28 minutes ago, Roger_Dubuis said:

I think Ipswich, Sheffield Wednesday and Derby have the best (and most highly paid) squads in the division but Plymouth have been the best managed. Evatt probably isn't going to say that Plymouth are the best managed team in the league

Along with team spirit that’s a very fair summary 

• Site Supporter
8 minutes ago, jeep said:

BWFC 2

Plymouth Argyle 2

Randall & Bradley

Evatt out...............

Can't see Randell playing tomorrow. Nowt beyond a 10 minute cameo anyway.

Edited by Cheese

I feel like we owe them one for the game at their place earlier in the season. We should of got something there but we were undone by a bad mistake. Hopefully we can get a win tomorrow but I'd take a point. 

Bolton 2-1 Plymouth 

Bradley and Morley

Edited by Arrested development

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

I reckon he will start. May not finish, but have a go, and be on the front foot. Take himm off later.

I must be either on my own or one of the few, who still thinks Beck hasn’t done too badly. Had a good couple of cameos and thought he looked good away at Fleetwood. 

When the comparison is against Bradley I get why we don’t rate him as highly. But Bradley is very much the exception, way ahead of his inexperienced years and a superstar in the making.

While he lacks the experience and maturity of Bradley, I think there’s some talent there.

I think Beck could get a start Saturday, with Williams waiting in the wings to unleash in the 2nd half.

TBH most of Plymouth's attacking threat is down their left via Mumba and Mayor with Ennis busying the central defenders so it could be a struggle for Bradley to get forward. Depends on how they adjust to Whitaker going back to Swansea, but either Hardie or Cosgrove would give our CBs a lot of problems. I guess they have quality options all across the front line but most of their goals have come from their left side. Bradley has to win his battles and get forward without getting stranded upfield. It's going to be tough.

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, desperado said:

I must be either on my own or one of the few, who still thinks Beck hasn’t done too badly. Had a good couple of cameos and thought he looked good away at Fleetwood. 

When the comparison is against Bradley I get why we don’t rate him as highly. But Bradley is very much the exception, way ahead of his inexperienced years and a superstar in the making.

While he lacks the experience and maturity of Bradley, I think there’s some talent there.

I think Beck could get a start Saturday, with Williams waiting in the wings to unleash in the 2nd half.

I've not seen enough of him to make any judgement. Evatt hasn't played him though, so I'd be surprised if he started against the table toppers. But, who knows. 

• Moderators
25 minutes ago, jmjhb said:

I'd take a point right now

I dont think we are competing with them in as much as i think theyre nailed on for 3-6

3 points a win makes gambling for a win worthwhile against these to get nearer ipswich and sheff

2 hours ago, desperado said:

He was terrible at Fleetwood. Jones left wing back for me. 

Edited by Mounts Kipper

• Moderators
1 hour ago, jmjhb said:

I'd take a point right now

Fuck that, they might be top but we're 4 unbeaten and the back of a morale boosting big win

looking to over take Derby and could fall out the play off places with a point 

I want to get as far away from 7th as possible and see where it leaves us