Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Plymouth Home

green genie

1 hour ago, paulhanley said:

Have to be out of the traps quick like at Barnsley and then wise use of subs to keep legs fresh. Pity no Dapo but it didn't affect us at Oakwell. Hoping for an extra special atmosphere, won't be a huge following from Plymouth.

Fairly happy Dapo isn’t playing, he slows our play down too much and his playing for for free kicks all the time has become fucking tedious.

We need to come flying out of the blocks and move the ball around quickly, whilst defending firm -maybe then we’ll shit ‘em.

3-1

Edited by Burndens Bogs

2 hours ago, gonzo said:

Big Randall starting?

Big Randell? He's a 5'6" midget so a somewhat inappropriate soubriquet unless you know something about his knob we don't.

Liking the general optimism on here but a) there's no way we deserved anything at Home Park as they totally outplayed us in the areas that matter and b) like it or not they have quality throughout their squad so give them some respect.

We have to be on the top of our game to win this.

10 hours ago, paulhanley said:

Have to be out of the traps quick like at Barnsley and then wise use of subs to keep legs fresh. Pity no Dapo but it didn't affect us at Oakwell. Hoping for an extra special atmosphere, won't be a huge following from Plymouth.

Are you suggesting they’ll bring fewer than Exeter?

We’re odds on favourites with the bookies - Plymouth are nearly 3’s!

I know you can’t read too much into that but it always shocks me with other teams when you think you spot some long odds and the bookies are inevitably right somehow (I.e Plymouth would 100% in my accumulator today if it wasn’t against us… and they’d usually lose and prove the bookies right).

45 minutes ago, radcliffe white said:

Think they’ve sold around 1100

Crowds and away followings everywhere have increased a lot since covid, yet their away support is to be admired given the distances involved and their recent history in the bottom 2 divisions. 

• Moderators
5 minutes ago, radcliffe white said:

It’s a fucking mooch

Also they have ipswich & sheff weds away soon so it’s all about prioritising I guess 

Aye, they are taking 2k to Ipswich and it's further away than Bolton! 

• Site Supporter
8 hours ago, Wanderlust said:

Big Randell? He's a 5'6" midget so a somewhat inappropriate soubriquet unless you know something about his knob we don't.

Liking the general optimism on here but a) there's no way we deserved anything at Home Park as they totally outplayed us in the areas that matter and b) like it or not they have quality throughout their squad so give them some respect.

Marvellous! One of the best since schadenfreude was used on here.

I had to look it up as I thought it was a flavoured ice dessert. 🤣

• Site Supporter

Jones will be so far out of his depth at LWB I really hope not to see it. I’d rather go to a back 4 with Johnston LB, Jones RB, Toal and Aimson with Bradley pushed forward (don’t want that either).

Personally, I’d start Sadlier or Williams there and swap them around after an hour

9 hours ago, Wanderlust said:

Girth. Hes got plenty of girth. Can tell by the width of his thumbs. Like a blind cobbler.

4 minutes ago, Biggish Dave said:

Jones will be so far out of his depth at LWB I really hope not to see it. I’d rather go to a back 4 with Johnston LB, Jones RB, Toal and Aimson with Bradley pushed forward (don’t want that either).

Personally, I’d start Sadlier or Williams there and swap them around after an hour

I think he’s well capable of playing LWB (as a fill in) he’s pretty good getting forward and overloading when he plays in the back 3 and LWB gives him more freedom to get forward and less defensive duties, anyhow we will see what Evatt decides today.