Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Plymouth Home

green genie

21 minutes ago, jmjhb said:

I hope Nlundulu adds something different because the last thing we need is another non-scoring striker. He was a waste of space for Cheltenham today apparently. 

No way is he playing 100% today knowing it’s his last game

23 minutes ago, Eddie said:

Well played Kyle Dempsey! Just about starting to see what he can do, he was everywhere, breaking up play, getting us up the pitch, always available when Morley picked it up deep. Great to see, there had to be a player in there!

I’m usually Lee’s biggest fan but I thought he was sloppy and wasteful in good positions today.

Dempsey has some jump on him too, wins a ton full of headers in midfield that lad

• Site Supporter
12 minutes ago, Eddie said:

Agree with that TMGJ, we look like we’ve got our confidence back and back ourselves to dominate games.

There are a few reasons why but I genuinely think Morley coming back into the team and absolutely controlling things has had a huge impact. If the goals start flowing then we’ll be difficult to stop.

I remember his (Morley) playing against Sheffield Wednesday and he was pretty anonymous. 

Seemed to be in and out for a while, and it wouldn't surprise me if he was one of the players criticised at the time by Evatt. The manager made comments about some players not appearing too happy about other young players getting in. I read that as being when Thomason was getting plating time.

Obviously, in reality we may never know, but Evatt did say later that Morley was working hard on his all round game and we may now be seeing it.

Keep these lads fit and hungry and who knows. 

The answer to getting promoted has been staring at us point blank all season and in particular again today. We need a goalscorer simple.

The positive is everything else is more than good enough to get promoted out of this tinpot league. Our defending, pressing, domination of the ball. It's just that final 3rd.

I'm not sure how well Plymouth play to be top of the table each week, but we made them look non league today and they had to cling on to the usual antics we have seen so many times this season. Even in the reverse fixture in August, we should've won too.

But again, that's on us, we should have scored 2/3 goals today. 

I don't have much faith in us getting a goal when bakayoko and Kachunga come on, how many goals do they have between them? They are simply not good enough.

Bodvarsson was fantastic but again should've scored.

Anywho, as frustrating as it was not to have won, today has really shown that we are not far off at all, we just need someone to put the ball in the back of the net.

Ps. The referee added 6 minutes but there was around 1 minute of actual play and he just blew it for FT, fucking joke. 

Edited by Lostock Whites

2 minutes ago, Spider said:

I’d pay money to not watch their number 16 every week

Cosgrove was shocking today.

Worrying how much we missed pace of Ennis and Whittaker to stretch the game, but Waine looked a find .

If you get couple forwards not afraid to shoot you could get a run to chase top three.

Just now, radcliffe white said:

At times it was crying for someone to drop the shoulder and fucking hit it 

Countless times 

Not sure what went through Lee's head just before HT, should have been 1 up there 

We just try to be perfect far to much, really frustrating 

Whilst I agree we should shoot more, it’s sometimes difficult with 8 men trying to block it. They had the same amount on target but one was a 20 yard trickler and possibly the header that almost looped in. That stat can be skewed. We had enough situations and sniffs to have got more out of that game against top of the league.   Frustrating yes but far more positives than negatives 

Edited by superkev

Masterclass from our midfield and defence; seeing a side top of the league dig in for a point with long hoofs and shithousing to the level of Burton, Morecambe and the like, is probably the biggest respect they could pay us. 

Going forward we've battered them, just that same old story of not being *quite* there in front of goal. 

I have no doubt we'll be in the playoffs. But, if there's another striker to come in with Nlundulu, to make us actually have attacking options off the bench - on that showing, there's no reason we can't begin to reel in the current top 3.