Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Plymouth Home

green genie

Just now, embankment said:

Pitch will be completely replaced after the Pink gigs this summer.  When works have been carried out previously , only the top 6" have been removed. 

This time they will remove down to 18"  

Get rid of 25+ years of worn out "stuff" ( technical phrase).

The old lights are being binned off ( sold to another club not far away , who love anything/ one that's been connected to us).

We have purchased a up graded ,improved , very impressive set of lights  , from a nearby Premier League Club.

So hopefully next season the pitch will be in a much better condition. 

96% of the above is true .

Be nice if they patched up the roofs too.

1 hour ago, embankment said:

The old lights are being binned off ( sold to another club not far away , who love anything/ one that's been connected to us).

We have purchased a up graded ,improved , very impressive set of lights  , from a nearby Premier League Club.

There's a market for 2nd hand stadium lights ?

• Members

Neither the result we wanted nor deserved (thanks to not being able to find a goal) but I remain convinced that a long unbeaten run (or close to) will be the feature of our next couple of months.

As Bogsy said, you can just feel something building.

5 hours ago, barrycowdrill said:

Bit of a tale about Today which I think is well worth relaying.. 

my old man’s bday on NYD which was a milestone birthday for him so decided to take him in to the LoV today. A couple of weeks ago off the cuff I decided to email Sharon (or what I assumed was her email address) explaining he was a lifelong ST holder etc etc and anything she could do / any time spent with him would make his day. A couple of weeks went by with nothing. Eventually this week received an email from someone else at the club stating Sharon had received and read the email and to arrange a meet with her this afternoon. 

so took the old man down to reception at 2:30 to meet the girl who emailed me as requested. Took us up to the chairman’s suite and we were stood outside for a while him still unsure as to what the hell was going on. Eventually Sharon comes out and apologises as she “couldn’t get away from sir Alex” and welcomed us both as though she’d known us for years. Bit of a chat ensued and he’s bowled over that she’s made the effort. He then apologises and says we have to make our way back round to the LoV to see the KO. Instantly she says No! “ I’ll find you seats in the exec box with me” shouts her laccy over and pretty much says they’re friends of mine, find them some seats to watch the match in the box. At HT come in to the chairman’s suite and we will have a brew. 

So ended up spending the whole game in her (distant) company, made us feel so welcome. Had more than enough time for us. 

it may have meant nothing to her in the grand scheme of things but will last my old man a lifetime. The woman is absolute class from top to bottom and I can’t imagine our club in better, more thoughtful or considerate hands. 

Did you mention the bit how he doesn’t go anymore so he can sit on his arse eating biscuits at work 😁

5 hours ago, mickbrown said:

I think when the snow was on it it was particularly bad. Wasn't too bad against Derby and it was pissing down most of the match

IE mentioned the pitch needed ripping up as it had come to the end of its life, sure they did that at the end of last season and re seeded it, surprise considering it had won pitch of the year

For all of our build up and pressure we create very few clear cut chances. Kachunga where he hit the post late on I can sort of forgive as you’re talking centimetres but JDB’s pretty central 8 yards out with only the keeper to beat is criminal. Also Lee first have. He’s normally very good at those one touch finishes in to the corner when the balls coming across. Why try and take another touch!! 

JDB effort was poor should’ve buried it 

not sure who it was think one of CBs side footed a shot just wide really should be hitting target

kaxhungas chance suppose he hit the target tad unlucky

johnston that header at the death for me was poor

all great chances and 2 of them really should’ve en goals 

16 minutes ago, barrycowdrill said:

For all of our build up and pressure we create very few clear cut chances. Kachunga where he hit the post late on I can sort of forgive as you’re talking centimetres but JDB’s pretty central 8 yards out with only the keeper to beat is criminal. Also Lee first have. He’s normally very good at those one touch finishes in to the corner when the balls coming across. Why try and take another touch!! 

Manager says Cooper touched late one onto post.