Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Plymouth Home

green genie

Not allowed to put additional time on the scoreboard. Undermines the referee, apparently. File alongside when they stopped us from being allowed to show replays (when we had a screen that showed videos)

I’ve long since advocated mirroring the RL timekeeping method where the clock is stopped (and displayed on the screen as such) rather than adding time. 

9 hours ago, radcliffe white said:

We stayed in the hotel other week and the pitch had them lights on it throughout the night also most roof lights in the top tiers left on 

Cheap overnight electric tariff?

8 hours ago, Zico said:

I don't mind him so much, am certainly not anti kachunga, he showed glimpses last season 

Did well in the front 3 at the Accrington come back 

Nearly won it for us late on last two games 

I'm happier when he's on the bench rather than starting though 

One word in there sums Kacha up. Nearly.
Nearly won it, nearly good enough etc etc

30 minutes ago, Leyther_Matt said:

Not allowed to put additional time on the scoreboard. Undermines the referee, apparently. File alongside when they stopped us from being allowed to show replays (when we had a screen that showed videos)

I’ve long since advocated mirroring the RL timekeeping method where the clock is stopped (and displayed on the screen as such) rather than adding time. 

Games would never end.

2 hours ago, Leyther_Matt said:

When it was previously proposed, I think the plan was to have the clock at 60 minutes. Average Premier League games have the ball in play for 55 minutes (which is a bit ridiculous when you think about it, really)

Hadn’t realised it had been mentioned again a few days ago

It's a brilliant way of eliminating time wasting, piss taking and slow play. And gives fans their money's worth.

Should be introduced asap and personally I'd like it to start at 60 and count down so we can have a 10,9 etc at the end.

Still further down shows Randall going down holding head after second player 22 caught him with elbow  (probably accidental) as he was falling from 11s challenge.

Understand Kachungas fury which probably fired up crowd as won’t have seen Dempsey contact

Edited by green genie

Tbh all teams make the most of any situation that can be used to kill a bit of time to protect a decent result , if they didn’t we would call them out as un-professional.Trafford is class at it as is the Plymouth keeper .It’s a bit of a red herring just annoying when it’s the other team doing it.

However some teams do it all game , Burton were wasting time five minutes into the game ffs.

• Moderators
30 minutes ago, green genie said:

Still further down shows Randall going down holding head after second player 22 caught him with elbow  (probably accidental) as he was falling from 11s challenge.

Understand Kachungas fury which probably fired up crowd as won’t have seen Dempsey contact

I didnt see the collision

I saw no reason for your fella to dive as you were breaking and i assumed a contact

What i did see was your chap holding his leg, then look up to see the ref had no intention of stepping in

At which point he grabbed his head

On the collision itself, theres no way dempsey nails him intentionally, your bloke falls into him after the collision/foul by bakayoko

• Site Supporter
On 08/01/2023 at 11:41, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Wonder what their energy use is?

21 hours ago, Traf said:

Cheap overnight electric tariff?

I'm only guessing but I'd say the diesel generator in the south west corner would provide the power for the cost of a few gallons of red diesel. 

Biggest fear I had before game on Sat was Plymouth scoring first, they've given us a schooling in game management a couple of times when doing so. They are good at it for sure but, as Green Genie said, didn't resort to it till last 5 mins. What was odd was how long keeper was taking over kicks 20-30 mins before end when it looked very much like his manager wanted to win the game. 

We've wised up a bit in the shithousery stakes as season has progressed, though are novices compared to likes of Burton and Barnsley. It's not the answer though, the whole issue is tainting the spectacle for me, even in games I watch as a neutral. Big heads together between Prem, EFL, LMA and PGMOL required in summer to reset approach and set out clearly how it will be dealt with. Some referees have been incredibly naive / weak on it this season. 

My maintenance contribution concerns East Upper, where there has been a birds nest in the roof all season. From first game, the end block nearest North Upper has been plastered with bird shit over seats, steps and handrails. Has been reported twice, with the response that removing the nest is a big job and best they could do was keep an eye on it and clean a bit more. Not a heavily populated block on normal 16-17 gate days but was a bit of an embarrassment on the Family Day when they did sell a fair number of tickets there 

26 minutes ago, fester58 said:

for me bring the trainers on and carry on with the game a bit like rugby. i believe a player genuinely knows if a player is seriously injured enough to stop the game

Game stops if it’s a head injury though, so as we saw on Saturday you can guess what step two is. 

12 hours ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Just a collision, maybe Dempsey catches him in the back.

Are opponents getting scared that Bolton might possibly burst their promotion bids?

Nah, not really. I'm concerned Ipswich are paying 1.5M for a striker, although if he can't get in the Everton side atm maybe not so much.

1 hour ago, Zico said:

The shit housery is frustrating because we always seem to be looking for a goal late on 

I'd take it all day long if we're 1-0 up at derby with 30 mins to go 

Yes.

Even better if we are a goal up at Burton and the new lad keeps trudging from one side of the pitch to the other to take throw ins 😁.

Might enrage the locals 

2 hours ago, Zico said:

The shit housery is frustrating because we always seem to be looking for a goal late on 

I'd take it all day long if we're 1-0 up at derby with 30 mins to go 

Exactly this.

Let us not forget how much time Gilks used to waste when every single time he caught the ball he'd dive on the floor and lie there for 30 seconds.

Shithousery is great when it's your team that's doing it.

Edited by DazBob

46 minutes ago, DazBob said:

Exactly this.

Let us not forget how much time Gilks used to waste when every single time he caught the ball he'd dive on the floor and lie there for 30 seconds.

Shithousery is great when it's your team that's doing it.

Tbf he was just trying to get up. 

• The topic was unpinned