Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Plymouth Home

green genie

59 minutes ago, radcliffe white said:

Come the end of the season they will average 242 miles per away game to our 147 fair play to them 

If you're doing 150 anyway, might as well do 240?

48 minutes ago, gonzo said:

Would never have thought that. Think of everything below Birmingham as close together and always forget sideways journeys :D

Mad how much more difficult West-East is in this country compared to North-South

2 hours ago, Biggish Dave said:

Jones will be so far out of his depth at LWB I really hope not to see it. I’d rather go to a back 4 with Johnston LB, Jones RB, Toal and Aimson with Bradley pushed forward (don’t want that either).

Personally, I’d start Sadlier or Williams there and swap them around after an hour

Snap Dave that’s what I’d do too. Williams cant be that unfit he can’t last an hour then swop for Sads. Got to be better than Jones there?

1 hour ago, Mounts Kipper said:

I think he’s well capable of playing LWB (as a fill in) he’s pretty good getting forward and overloading when he plays in the back 3 and LWB gives him more freedom to get forward and less defensive duties, anyhow we will see what Evatt decides today. 

I'm not sure. I like Jones, he's a grafter and rarely lets us down but he's very one footed.  I can't believe he's a better option on the left than John or Beck.

I don't really think this will happen but would be impressed if Evatt picked John at LWB.

All the stuff in the press just to get a reaction in this match until Williams up to speed.

Fanciful I know! 

I hope Williams starts of all the realistic options.

Edited by JimmyRiddle

• Site Supporter

Think people know I always try to look on the bright side, be positive, back the manager, having a realistic perspective that he generally gets things right and knows a hell of a lot more about the game than I do. 

Football is about opinions, so here’s my positive take on the various options at LWB. If he chooses one of these it will be a positive move based on their strengths, not because one of them is shit and needs leaving out. Of course he might not get it right. But when the team sheet arrives, an understanding of why he has picked them would be nice rather than questioning him because you think you’re opinion is superior.

Beck - knows the role, young talent, quick, skilful will want to prove a point with a new signing waiting in the wings

Jones- Experienced, vice-captain, versatile, intelligent, can defend and links forward play up nicely

Sadlier - attacking threat, great crosser and finisher, he’s payed here before.

John - Out in the cold, but can perform on his day 

Williams - Busting to make his debut and show he’s the real deal straight from the off.

Johnstone - best left side defender we have

• Moderators

Beck, my left foot is better than his right

However, he is by trade a leftie

Fwiw, and because the new lad probably isnt fit and we are at home, gets my shout

But i think jones starts, unless johnstone goes there to accomodate the captain, which i cant see and hope I dont see!

In normal circs, itd be john, all day long

2 hours ago, Duck Egg said:

I'm not sure. I like Jones, he's a grafter and rarely lets us down but he's very one footed.  I can't believe he's a better option on the left than John or Beck.

Beck belongs to Liverpool. He's had one failed loan and the one here doesn't seem to be achieving much. He may go on to have a superb career, but this season is a lost year for him.

John, we don't know what's gone on, & it's a shame but shit happens.

Edited by Dr. Feelgood