Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Plymouth Home

green genie

Deserved to win today. Glad I don't watch them every week. Certainly don't play like a team at the top of the league. Maybe it was an off day. 

Toal gets better and better every game. Was totally dominant today in everything he did. MOTM. Thought all three centre halfs were good again and deserve praise. 

Absolutely battered them, how we’ve not won the game I’ll never know. Only one team that looked like, and wanted to, win that game.

Play like that to the end of the season and get a bit of luck / a better striker and we’ll be right up there.

Toal is a serious find by the way, some player.

6 minutes ago, RUREADY2ROLL said:

Kachunga is just cac. He should have slotted that chance in. And Bako is another toss pot

Yeah you look at the bench today and there just aren't any game changers. Both just a waste of a squad place right now.

I think we're a goalscorer and a midfielder away from being rather good.

We may as well let John leave based on today's showing.

Edited by jmjhb

2 header chances for Johnston, 1 huge miss from Bod, Morley's great long ball to Bradley to put him almost through before a defender got back,  Kachunga hits the post, deserved to win, Plymouth didn't look like a team in 1st.

Edited by Didledee

1 minute ago, Didledee said:

2 header chances for Johnston, 1 huge miss from Bod, Kachunga hits the post, deserved to win, Plymouth didn't look like a team in 1st.

...and Morley dragging a shot on an open goal wide etc etc.

They have great strikers, but our midfield performance stopped them getting any service. Superb workrate from the whole team today.

Thought Williams didn't look match fit and certainly didn't have "lightning pace" but that throw in is ridiculous.

2 minutes ago, Wanderlust said:

...and Morley dragging a shot on an open goal wide etc etc.

They have great strikers, but our midfield performance stopped them getting any service. Superb workrate from the whole team today.

Thought Williams didn't look match fit and certainly didn't have "lightning pace" but that throw in is ridiculous.

also Bod played in Charles but he couldn't get it it controlled right in the box

Frustrating to not take three points there as we pummeled them second half, I can recall four big chances (Bod save, Morley trying to pass it into the net, Kacha post & GJ right at the end) just one of those days where it isn't going to go in. Thought the back three were immense again, dealt with some very good players relatively easily & very calm on the ball. Unbelievable clearance from Aimson, not sure how we nearly conceded from that but incredible bit of defending. Liked the look of Beck when came on and drove with the ball he absolutely terrified them... Hopefully we can see the best of him as he does suit the way we play from the looks of it. 

Back three really solid. No room for Santos at the moment. Need a finisher in that 6 yard box for anticipating tap ins. Stockton at Morecambe maybe. Beck looked good when he came on. Dempsey another good game. Made them look an average team when they are not. The season starts now.

I always thought Ben Haim was good at making space for himself with the ball, Eoin Toal looks a good talent, he can skip past a challenge and pass very well, not afraid to pass to a midfielder also instead of just looking down the line for Bradley.

How on earth we didn’t win that unbelievable

Wasn’t the best of debuts for the left back but early days

Just shows keep the same side and players will gel back 3 especially tremendous

one thing though just shows you need big cunts in this league plymouth didn’t look like a top table side but well drilled you can’t play out of this league

kachunga he’s entertainment value at least 

Well played Kyle Dempsey! Just about starting to see what he can do, he was everywhere, breaking up play, getting us up the pitch, always available when Morley picked it up deep. Great to see, there had to be a player in there!

I’m usually Lee’s biggest fan but I thought he was sloppy and wasteful in good positions today.

1 minute ago, jmjhb said:

I hope Nlundulu adds something different because the last thing we need is another non-scoring striker. He was a waste of space for Cheltenham today apparently. 

Would you bust your balls if you’re trying to impress a new manager from Monday? Maybe not the right attitude, but can’t really be a surprise (and I imagine the fans were particularly critical now they know he’s off).

• Site Supporter

For me, we've started to move up a gear.

Obviously need to convert chances, but if we keep up the performance levels, something very positive could still happen.

Probably won't because the top three are quite a way off, but if we can secure a play off place and be in form then who knows.

Get the ins and outs done and dusted and stay positive.

7 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

For me, we've started to move up a gear.

Obviously need to convert chances, but if we keep up the performance levels, something very positive could still happen.

Probably won't because the top three are quite a way off, but if we can secure a play off place and be in form then who knows.

Get the ins and outs done and dusted and stay positive.

Agree with that TMGJ, we look like we’ve got our confidence back and back ourselves to dominate games.

There are a few reasons why but I genuinely think Morley coming back into the team and absolutely controlling things has had a huge impact. If the goals start flowing then we’ll be difficult to stop.