Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Royal Race Row

little whitt

3 hours ago, Zico said:

see that's a fair point too

if she's dressed like that, then why not ask where she's from

but

not "really" from, like you don't believe her

asked her where her style orginates from, compliment her look, say you'd like to know more about her origins

it's like saying "where you from?" "hackney" "well you're not really are you, look at you"

but she's 82

that's how it was back then

see Prince Phillip

see if Prince Phillip  was still Knocking about 

She could have Shouted Him over 

Phill help us out here 

Where you think This Ones From 

10 minutes ago, royal white said:

😂👍

Here you go - just an excerpt - have a read, see what you think, as personally I think this thread has proven her premise almost exactly. Theres also an interview on the website which discusses the topic more fully.

But, as I say, up to you - I'm not here to change your mind, just offering a different perspective.

http://renieddolodge.co.uk/why-im-no-longer-talking-to-white-people-about-race/

2 minutes ago, Not in Crawley said:

Here you go - just an excerpt - have a read, see what you think, as personally I think this thread has proven her premise almost exactly. Theres also an interview on the website which discusses the topic more fully.

But, as I say, up to you - I'm not here to change your mind, just offering a different perspective.

Only read the first paragraph - is this chap saying majority of white people are racist???

Just now, bwfc2003 said:

Only read the first paragraph - is this chap saying majority of white people are racist???

No (and its a woman) read it further - its about societal structual racism not that people are just outwardly racist. That is a much more complex issue and that's what isn't always visible.

It's sort of about intersectionality and race, and how this corresponds to lived experiences.

• Site Supporter
4 minutes ago, Not in Crawley said:

No doubt the authors feelings are valid but, if you swapped the word white for black in that excerpt you would say it’s a racist sweeping statement? 

Maybe I don’t understand, genuinely 

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, Not in Crawley said:

Well, you couldn't swap the words - that's the whole point.

You could, but even if you left them as they are, she’s saying she’s not speaking to white people as a whole, not just people like me who don’t “ get it” but that would include people like you, who obviously get it, but she wouldn’t speak to you about it because you’re white . 

honestly, not being smart, but saying I’m not speaking to someone about anything because of their skin colour is a racist statement? 

Or have I completely missed it, genuinely don’t get the premise even if I appreciate the point of her experiences as valid. 

7 minutes ago, bwfc2003 said:

I read the first sentence. ‘Them and us’ I’ve paraphrased. How can you have racial cohesion when any colour talks like that?

Ill save my £8. Common sense costs nothing.

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, Not in Crawley said:

Anyway, as I say I'm not here to change anyone's mind but just offer a different view from something that really got me thinking about the topic in ways I hadn't before - which again is the point of the book.

Right, I'm off to see Yard Act.

Would anything posted on here which was contrary to your current thoughts ever change your way of thinking?

• Site Supporter

So if I call a Scottish football supporter a knock-kneed, log-tossing, diabetic, ginger porridge wog across a football stadium, even if he is a knock-kneed, log-tossing, diabetic, ginger porridge wog, does that make me a racist cunt?

Because if we’re drawing a line, it’s important we draw it properly.

3 minutes ago, Spider said:

So if I call a Scottish football supporter a knock-kneed, log-tossing, diabetic, ginger porridge wog across a football stadium, even if he is a knock-kneed, log-tossing, diabetic, ginger porridge wog, does that make me a racist cunt?

Because if we’re drawing a line, it’s important we draw it properly.

Hate crime, rather than race crime.