Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Ricardo Santos

Horwich

4 hours ago, desperado said:

Evatt mentions him being hospitalised with Pneumonia on his interview. That’s going to take some getting over. We might not see him for a while. All the best Rico. Toal grew into the game after the first goal, but we missed Santos last night. 

I had Pneumonia at the start of November , antibiotics and oxygen, it's a bacterial infection, full recovery takes several weeks . My first time ever in hospital at 65 , consultant said I was just unlucky. He's a top athlete , whereas I'm an old codger ( albeit in good health ) , I feel OK but I'm not chasing a ball around a field , I just walk my whippet .

I think it will be several weeks until we see him on the field , let's hope noone else in the squad gets it .

Get well Ricardo , look forward to you stabbing the ball across the line in a goalmouth melee to win us promotion 🙂

4 hours ago, desperado said:

Evatt mentions him being hospitalised with Pneumonia on his interview. That’s going to take some getting over. We might not see him for a while. All the best Rico. Toal grew into the game after the first goal, but we missed Santos last night. 

That's not good. All the best to him.

Hopefully he makes a swift recovery but it's a nasty thing and, as you note, he could be out for some time.

13 minutes ago, RoadRunnerFan said:

And I resisted the open goal of linking to your good self. 

Shame on you. 

Now wheres that needle attachment for my fistmaster? 

Too easy for the fishing... 

Loads of shit goes round this time of year anyway. Everyone now flapping it's Covaids. 

I've survived northern rail 2019 and earlier cattle class to Manchester in winter without having a day off. I'm basically iron man. 

3 hours ago, stevieb said:

Loads of shit goes round this time of year anyway. Everyone now flapping it's Covaids. 

I've survived northern rail 2019 and earlier cattle class to Manchester in winter without having a day off. I'm basically iron man

3 hours ago, stevieb said:

I've survived northern rail 2019 and earlier cattle class to Manchester in winter without having a day off. I'm basically iron man. 

Loads of respiratory shit doing the rounds, highly unusual for 27 year old professional athletes to be in the " Winter Pressures" cohort though.

I've  taken every jab on the chin (usually request left arm TBF ) and still in @L/H White zero covid club. Mum is same too, 82 massively demented won't stay away from other folk. In the genes? Medical miracles? 

No just nails from H/Well. 

mofos

It's obviously far from trivial & his young daughter needing treatment too shows this even more.

"Evatt said the captain felt slightly better on Friday in a positive update. He has been using breathing apparatus to help him and Evatt believes the skipper is in the best place possible, as he vowed the Whites will support him and his family as best they can.

He said: “The latest that I know is that he’s still finding it difficult to breathe by himself on his own, so he’s got some sort of breathing apparatus to assist him. He does feel slightly better today which is positive.

"He’s in the best possible place and all we can do now is say a prayer for him and hope that he’ll recover sooner rather than later and be back with us.”.

Wishing him and his daughter a swift & full recovery. 

On 04/12/2022 at 13:35, Dr. Feelgood said:

It's obviously far from trivial & his young daughter needing treatment too shows this even more.

"Evatt said the captain felt slightly better on Friday in a positive update. He has been using breathing apparatus to help him and Evatt believes the skipper is in the best place possible, as he vowed the Whites will support him and his family as best they can.

He said: “The latest that I know is that he’s still finding it difficult to breathe by himself on his own, so he’s got some sort of breathing apparatus to assist him. He does feel slightly better today which is positive.

"He’s in the best possible place and all we can do now is say a prayer for him and hope that he’ll recover sooner rather than later and be back with us.”.

Wishing him and his daughter a swift & full recovery. 

Firstly - massively hoping for good news for Rico and his daughter. What a bloody nightmare for them both. I'm hoping Evatt's just misinterpreted the message. If he's on "some sort of breathing apparatus to assist him" then he must be pretty poorly. At best he'd be on something called CPAP or BIPAP. 

I'm hoping he's just on a bit of oxygen or maybe a nebuliser and that it's not actually assisted him with his breathing per se. As in, he's breathing fine by himself but just needs oxygen support. 

• Site Supporter
10 hours ago, kent_white said:

Firstly - massively hoping for good news for Rico and his daughter. What a bloody nightmare for them both. I'm hoping Evatt's just misinterpreted the message. If he's on "some sort of breathing apparatus to assist him" then he must be pretty poorly. At best he'd be on something called CPAP or BIPAP. 

I'm hoping he's just on a bit of oxygen or maybe a nebuliser and that it's not actually assisted him with his breathing per se. As in, he's breathing fine by himself but just needs oxygen support. 

Aye. Reading between the lines, I reckon it's the latter.