Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

The Christmas Thread

gonzo

27 minutes ago, Traf said:

Fuck Christmas.

really can't be arsed.

Me neither. Massive pain in the arse workwise. 

However I suppose my kids are only young once. Be reet after a pint on xmas eve.

Total shitter for my brother mind, looking like his xmas will be spent in Preston Hospital :(

• Site Supporter

Christmas is bad enough any year from a pub point of view.Part time festive fuckers all giving dirty looks and 'I always sit there, every Christmas and New year'  but with that World Cup having been on in December it's been double bad.

Apart from the wacky jumpered Christmas part timers we've had festive football wankers.

Roll on January when I'll have the pub to myself.

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, L/H White said:

oh, and i'm off to ally pally for the darts on the 28th, so thats a massive pissup i'm looking forward to

Do you need me to sort you a sheet of lyrics out for all the large variety of songs you’ll be singing?

There must be at least 3 songs.

• Site Supporter

It’s probably the last Xmas my daughter is all in for the Father Christmas things. She’s already asking the questions about if he’s real so will spin it out one last time.

Beyond that, I’m just glad of some time off. I like Christmas though I’m a bit miffed they’ve moved the Derby match.

• Site Supporter
Just now, Duck Egg said:

Time off work.  What's not to love? Chuck a bit of football in and over indulgence on food and beer, this is as good it gets imo

It's all fucking shite. Being pressured to go shopping when every single other cunt is doing it too, all wanting to buy the same shite at the same time. They should spread Christmas out over the year and do it by date of birth or something. We just had a World Cup in the Winter, so it's hardly pie-in-the-sky. Christmas songs can fuck off too. And decorations. If they were that 'decorative' you'd have them up all year round, you twats.

• Site Supporter
3 minutes ago, Whitestar said:

This time last year at i got "Pelters" for all mentioning that  i would be having mushy peas (home made) on my Christmas dinner, so I'm saying nowt this year.

Rather have a bucket of mushy peas than a slice of fucking turkey. Shittest meat ever. There's a reason we only eat it once a year. Because it's fucking terrible. Like eating an amazon delivery that's been left behind the bin for a week.

Edited by Cheese

11 minutes ago, Cheese said:

Rather have a bucket of mushy peas than a slice of fucking turkey. Shittest meat ever. There's a reason we only eat it once a year. Because it's fucking terrible. Like eating an amazon delivery that's been left behind the bin for a week.

You OK hun?!

• Site Supporter
13 minutes ago, Whitestar said:

This time last year at i got "Pelters" for all mentioning that  i would be having mushy peas (home made) on my Christmas dinner, so I'm saying nowt this year.

Fuck me

I’d forgotten about that.

Are you on some sort of register yet you fucking monster?

Mushy peas. That was the thread of last year. Brilliant.

Xmas is always a bit stressful, happy when Boxing Day comes around, that's when I enjoy it that week between is always nice.

16 year old is having her first new years with her friends so that'll be a bit odd not having her around.

The good thing this year has been working at least I don't have to go shopping when everyone else is, saturday was mental in Bromley. Although off to.Ikea again tonight. Urgh.

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, Cheese said:

We have chicken because frankly turkey is a bit shit and overpriced this time of year.

I strangely don't mind it cold on a barm though.

Cooking for 8 this year, bit of a faff is that, not happy.