Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Quitting the booze

Spider

1 hour ago, Spider said:

Bud doesn’t even make the top 10 which surprises me

The very worst of all the beers. I can't believe that people willingly choose to drink it. As soon as you see a full grown man, swigging out of a Budweiser bottle, you know he's more than likely some sort of sex offender. 

• Site Supporter
18 minutes ago, Sweep said:

The very worst of all the beers. I can't believe that people willingly choose to drink it. As soon as you see a full grown man, swigging out of a Budweiser bottle, you know he's more than likely some sort of sex offender. 

An ice cold Budweiser is fine.

So go and eat a bag of dicks, or pour some carrot soup on your Coco pops you massive breast.

1 hour ago, globaldiver said:

And cheap?

Its a good session drink imo. Also good if you're having a flyer after work. Drive home on 2 no problem.

Used to drink cans of it at home then figured if I went stronger I didnt have to down two at a time to get the hits :D

18 minutes ago, Spider said:

An ice cold Budweiser is fine.

So go and eat a bag of dicks, or pour some carrot soup on your Coco pops you massive breast.

You're clearly a sex offender

Our local has just ditched Fosters, and replaced it with something called Cruz Campo...the jury is still out as to if it's decent or not, but it is a whopping £3.50 a pint, so the locals aren't overly happy

• Site Supporter
Just now, Sweep said:

You're clearly a sex offender

Our local has just ditched Fosters, and replaced it with something called Cruz Campo...the jury is still out as to if it's decent or not, but it is a whopping £3.50 a pint, so the locals aren't overly happy

My sisters bar in Mallorca serves Cruzcampo.

It’s shite and the cheapest lager you can get in Spain. Every year, all bar owners are invited to brewery shindigs ahead of the summer season, and the reps try and secure the business. The main ones are, obvs, San Miguel, Estrella Damm and Cruzcampo.

Without fail, the Cruz rep gets the business because he’ll sell his slop for less then a euro a pint to the bar owners.

San Miguel put on a better shindig but charge more.

For it to be £3.50 is a triumph of marketing over taste. And anyone who stands there sipping it and saying it’s a top drawer Spanish slurp is definitely the type of bloke who wanks silently into the bathroom bin so his wife doesn’t catch him. With a bottle of shampoo stuck in his bottom.

• Moderators

Back when I drank lager my favourites were Pilsner Urquell, Carlsberg Export and Heineken 

Do you still get horrible eggy smelling/tasting lager in shit pubs? 

Regular occurrence in the 90s, always guaranteed to make me chunder

3 minutes ago, Zico said:

Back when I drank lager my favourites were Pilsner Urquell, Carlsberg Export and Heineken 

Do you still get horrible eggy smelling/tasting lager in shit pubs? 

Regular occurrence in the 90s, always guaranteed to make me chunder

Mucky pipes. Their's not yours.

6 minutes ago, DirtySanchez said:

Brewed in Yorkshire

Apparently Budvar are the only main beer producers that still solely brew it at their original brewery, in Prague 

I'm sure @BobyBrnowill confirm, but isn't it actually still brewed at the original brewery that's about 100miles south of Prague, fairly close to the German border. 

They are though, as you say, still not swallowed up and massed produced all over the place by the major global players

Just now, Sweep said:

I'm sure @BobyBrnowill confirm, but isn't it actually still brewed at the original brewery that's about 100miles south of Prague, fairly close to the German border. 

They are though, as you say, still not swallowed up and massed produced all over the place by the major global players

Thought it was Prague but you may well be right 

Said it was the water, local ingredients etc why they won't brew it anywhere else

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, Sweep said:

I recall that being the case, I think the water is their main claim.

Few years back on a US road trip we went to the Jack Daniels distillery in Tennessee

Every bottle of JD ever made is made there and no where else 

All using water from the natural spring there

It's not that big and whilst I believe them it's hard to imagine every bottle out there came from here 

4Zx105M.png

• Site Supporter
5 minutes ago, Zico said:

Few years back on a US road trip we went to the Jack Daniels distillery in Tennessee

It's not that big and whilst I believe them it's hard to imagine every bottle out there came from here 

4Zx105M.png

Jack Daniels is rank. The shittest of all the bourbons (with the honourable exception of  a bourbon I bought from Aldi last Christmas that was buffalo piss mixed with turps. Youri would have liked it).

Kentucky bourbons are a much better drop. As I recall, like.

• Moderators
13 minutes ago, Spider said:

Jack Daniels is rank. The shittest of all the bourbons (with the honourable exception of  a bourbon I bought from Aldi last Christmas that was buffalo piss mixed with turps. Youri would have liked it).

Maybe they need to try a new spring 

55 minutes ago, Zico said:

4Zx105M.png

Similarly the only real lobby is when it's been cooked with the sweet waters of Pennington Flash.

2 hours ago, Spider said:

The standard JD is poor but the Single Barrel is a nice drop of bourbon.

• Site Supporter
2 hours ago, Zico said:

4Zx105M.png

The lads in the bottling area were on dinner break when we went. 

The Mrs being suspicious google earthed it afterwards - the main factory is behind a load of trees.

Tight bastards didn’t even give us a drop to try after the tour. Fuckin lemonade was all we got

• Site Supporter
19 hours ago, globaldiver said:

What’s it going to be this Christmas? One last bastard blowout bonanza binge, or shall I pop round and collect anything of interest?

I’m going to do my damndest to get through the bottle of Artemis from the Napa Valley I was gifted.

Seems rude to leave it…