Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Paris kick off

12 minutes ago, Not in Crawley said:

OK, fair enough. So here is a sensible answer to your question. 

Since the rise of populism and the right in France the Kurds have not had an easy time of it, especially in the Parisian suburbs where, like most things when times are tough, they are being blamed for all the country's ills despite being such a small percentage of the population. So it's already a bit of a tinderbox where a tiny minority feel they are not being protected by the country they live in and are being treated as second class citizens. In GCSE world, here is a quote to back up the point....

"We are not being protected at all. In 10 years, six Kurdish activists have been killed in the heart of Paris in broad daylight," Berivan Firat, a spokesperson for the CDK-F, told BFM TV at the demonstration.

So, there you have it a put upon minority, who feel their government isn't doing enough to protect their rights (and also stopping them being killed) are pissed off and want something done- hence the riots.

Jews have same problems in France, don’t see them rioting. 

1 hour ago, Whitesince63 said:

Well that just shows how feeble minded you are then doesn’t it because if you’re not bothered about riots you’re a feckin idiot, just like your equally sad mates in the posts above who once again have to label it as racism. What a bunch of complete wankers you are.

200.gif

• Members
On 26/12/2022 at 06:32, globaldiver said:

Quite

if not, you are a racist.

I got it BD. I think my learned friend W63 missed your sarcasm - or did I misinterpret the other way?

Why fucking riot? Everyone with a right mind is with them. The bloke should be executed.

When they are seen to be wrecking the joint, don't they understand that sympathy for them will likely wane?

1 hour ago, bolty58 said:

I got it BD. I think my learned friend W63 missed your sarcasm - or did I misinterpret the other way?

Why fucking riot? Everyone with a right mind is with them. The bloke should be executed.

When they are seen to be wrecking the joint, don't they understand that sympathy for them will likely wane?

No, you, and probably most, got it right. We are in interesting times, that’s for sure. 

• Site Supporter
34 minutes ago, globaldiver said:

No, you, and probably most, got it right. We are in interesting times, that’s for sure. 

Woah there! You need to check in with one or two of Bolty’s usual detractors before telling him he’s right about things.