Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Derby a

radcliffe white

1 hour ago, Farrelli said:

Indeed. We are still re-building and it might take another season on our budget. 

That’s just an excuse. Derby are rebuilding from just one year and like we were they are under embargo and can’t buy players, they’re also under wage restraints so we could compete with them if we’d wanted to. The difference is they have a manager who’s sole intention is to sign players of experience who can get him promotion whilst we have a manager who is obsessed with signing kids for his moneyball belief and will exclude players who don’t share his view. I can’t help feeling that IE needs to be more flexible with his system. We’ve now lost Dapo, John, Doyle and Sarce who seemed to question things and we’ll probably lost Sadlier who despite never being played in his best position has managed more goals in his short term appearances than Kachunga has all season. Would I swop Evatt for a Warne type, you bet I would.

• Site Supporter
4 minutes ago, radcliffe white said:

Said for weeks months we need cunts

you won’t leave this league playing pretty football, top sides have big physical lads but IE doesn’t buy that

Correct.

Already said who we should sign.

2 minutes ago, Whitesince63 said:

That’s just an excuse. Derby are rebuilding from just one year and like we were they are under embargo and can’t buy players, they’re also under wage restraints so we could compete with them if we’d wanted to. The difference is they have a manager who’s sole intention is to sign players of experience who can get him promotion whilst we have a manager who is obsessed with signing kids for his moneyball belief and will exclude players who don’t share his view. I can’t help feeling that IE needs to be more flexible with his system. We’ve now lost Dapo, John, Doyle and Sarce who seemed to question things and we’ll probably lost Sadlier who despite never being played in his best position has managed more goals in his short term appearances than Kachunga has all season. Would I swop Evatt for a Warne type, you bet I would.

They average about 10,000 more per match than we do.

And the wage restraints won't be all that restrictive compared to what the rest of the league spends.

15 minutes ago, Whitesince63 said:

A

Just now, DomRepWanderer said:

Are you for fucking real? what do you think got us into the shit we got dragged into? signing aging experienced players will only get you so far, and have no sales value, FFS the only sustainable way a club like ours can improve is by signing young players with sales values.

I've just had a look back at our record in this jinx fixture since I started supporting us in 1985 . The Record in  these games I have attended reads 

Won 1 

Drawn 3 

Lost 9 

And that does not include the losses in 95 and 98 .

Do we have a worse record at any other ground? ( Forest perhaps )

Edited by dusan nikolic

1 minute ago, DomRepWanderer said:

Dont take him on mate.

Clearly a WUM and talking utter shite.

Theres being pissed off and having a bit of a debate on how we can push on and get results at places like Derby, then theres just being a complete fucking lunatic on a wind up mission.

Nowhere to be seen over the past couple of weeks.

13 minutes ago, dusan nikolic said:

I've just had a look back at our record in this jinx fixture since I started supporting us in 1985 . The Record in  these games I have attended reads 

Won 1 

Drawn 3 

Lost 9 

And that does not include the losses in 95 and 98 .

Do we have a worse record at any other ground? ( Forest perhaps )

Rotherham.

• Site Supporter

Just back, cracking turnout from our lot. 

Thought today we were poor with possession when being pressed particularly our back line and keeper. 

just overall 2nd best all over. No issues with the result just lacked that bit of fight IMO, had glimpses 2nd half, shame Bod was injured missed him holding it up. Everytime it went long it came straight back, 

We move on. 

• Site Supporter
45 minutes ago, Whitesince63 said:

I got as far as “embargo” then didn’t read the rest as you clearly don’t even know basic facts.

You’re just the same as your fellow Wigan fans.

F knows how them ageing Derby players kept up the press & intensity for most of the game as we've got a young/fresh squad which usually have great energy but today we got outworked which is disappointing. Trafford's kicking was putting us under a lot of unnecessary pressure, the centre backs who have deserved plenty of praise recently look rattled in a constant panic making us look extremely shaky today & they seemed to drop off every single time a cross came into the box rather than going to the ball to clear it. Wingbacks/Midfield supplied nothing what so ever whilst getting exposed massively defensively, I've seen Nlundulu get some stick but I think him & Dion did what they realistically could for what they had to go on today. We're looking really light in terms of depth, fair play to Sads for grabbing a goal considering there was not many options to change the game up. I'd love a striker alongside Dion like that McGoldrick he was a right pain in our arses today. End of the day they have got some good pedigree in that Derby team, Hourihane 30k at Villa playing in the prem not long ago, McGoldrick 8 goals in the prem two seasons ago with Sheff U is nothing to sniff at. 

• Site Supporter

That was one hell of a traffic snarl up trying to get out of the car park  just passed Tyrers coaches heading back down M61 having dropped off at UoB and left . 

Edited by MickyD