Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

The Fans Running The Club...

alibob

I'd say it does. It's alright putting your 30 odd notes in now and the club having money to spend this season but with folk saying they have less expendable income to watch their own team, what will the reply be when asked next season if they can dig a little deeper because the stand needs refurbing, the pitch needs resurfacing, the microwave for warming the pies up needs fixing etc etc

With ?700,000 in the bank, i doubt that they'll be needing another cash injection any time soon! They also reckon that the novelty value alone will add attract another 100 people to each home game, which at that level is a lot of extra cash. If the club is successfull, i would imagine that people will renew. If they're not, then at least they've had the cash from the first year.

I don't think it is something to get over-excited about, one way or the other. But I do feel that it will be an interesting experiment and I am prepared to put in my ?35 on that basis.

Of course they are nowhere near home but I may well take in a fixture at a local away venue just to see what they are about. If you think about it, with 20,000 potential new supporters, there is a probability that there will be an increased level of support in the shorter term which may be all they need to push for promotion.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.