Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

The Peoples Champion

Boothy

No, I don't mean the Rock from WWF!

Surprised there's been no mention of it on here, since there are quite a few boxing fans (and experts like hillofdaub)

70 years young today.

Before my time, but always enjoy seeing his interviews and interactions. Was a decent program about him and his relationship with the UK last neet.

• Site Supporter

No, I don't mean the Rock from WWF!

Surprised there's been no mention of it on here, since there are quite a few boxing fans (and experts like hillofdaub)

70 years young today.

Before my time, but always enjoy seeing his interviews and interactions. Was a decent program about him and his relationship with the UK last neet.

Not into boxing so know little of his career.

Always aseemed decent enough when seen on the telly.

Talked about him on the radio this morning- briefly discussed his 'conversion' and his islamic aversion to all things white.

Bit surprised but seems to have grown out of it- or was it all a publicity stunt ?

Well he was in his Islamic pomp on that programme last night, getting his 3rd marriage blessed at some grotty Mosque up in the North East. He didn't seem to have an aversion to whites then, sparring with the youngsters at a boxing club etc. Come to think of it, there were even some milkies in the mosque!