Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Cart-Horse-Mel Saturday.

newquaywhite

Hey up,

For whatever reason the old man seems to be finding reasons for us to "do stuff" lately.

He's decided that he knows i have a punt so i must love to go to the races....

We've been Ponte and Haydock in recent weeks and have gone skint each time.

Was all set to go to Frankel day @ York but my gran, his mam went and died so funeral was that day.... anyway......

Anything jump out for Cartmel tmoz? Would just be nice to put him onto one.

Looks like we'll get sodden anyway :)

Morning,

Ok so i am checking in.

I have just been through the card with my little scrap of paper and it looks horrid.

Winners look obvious in many races but prices look to be no better than evens.

For what its worth, timeform comments and a quick view of last time out video have convinced me of the chances of Silver Coaster @15.45

My only other thoughts really are 16.20 Mostly Bob, if it turns up! and 16.55 Cadore - might have a small ew double those two on 365 before i go.

Mr Traf i'd be pleased to hear any thoughts you may have although i'd understand if you've long since thrown the card away in disgust.

2.05:

Should be a shoo-in for Mulligan's Man, but I'm not interested in it at 1/10! Logical Approach is the best of the rest at 12/1 IMO.

Mulligan's Man won, Logical Approach was 2nd at 12/1: nice E/W touch there and the forecast paid 3.24

2.35:

Hit The Switch should win, but 7/4's too short for me. E/W punts on either Executives Hall (13/2) or Luccombe Chine, as earlier at 7/1: or both?

Luccombe Chine won, Hit The Switch was 3rd and Executives Hall didn't run

3.10:

Crap 3-runner race. Back the outsider Mystified at 9/1 or bigger for a bit of interest: you never know!

3.45:

Silver Coaster looks the best horse here and 9/4 seems like decent value IMO. Next best for me would be Oh Right at 6/1.

Oh Right was indeed 2nd best, so another E/W payout, but it was the fav that won.

4.20:

Another crappy race: 5 runners, less one non-runner and one no-hoper (Volcanic Rock). Epee Celeste should beat Aghill, but not a race to get excited about.

Epee Celeste did win as expected.

4.55:

I backed Royal Bonsai at 7/1 overnight: he's also my Stat of the Day, so I'm sticking with it. Scotswell is also very interesting here. He's won here before: the trainer has a great record at Cartmel, as does the jockey. I'll have a 15/2 E/W saver.

Royal Bonsai won

5.30:

Average-looking race for learner drivers! No whips either, so you want an experienced horse who knows what he's doing. On paper you'd probably want to take the favourite First Morning at 5/1 or bigger if possible, whilst 13/2 isn't a bad price for Old Magic.If, however, you do want an old stager, as I mentioned earlier: you could do far worse than a 12/1 (or bigger!) E/W punt on the old warhorse Front Rank. Dual Course and Distance winner: decent trainer and jockey (for this level, at least!), looked a little out of sorts at Perth earlier this week, but might just have needed a run. If you back this one, you'll either get a good run for your money or he'll not do anything: no half measures with this one.

First Morning won as predicted and the old-timer Front Rank was a great E/W bet: finishing 2nd

That's the best i can do for you today, Newquay: you were right: it's an awful card with racing for the sake of it, I think!

Edited by Traf

2.05:

Should be a shoo-in for Mulligan's Man, but I'm not interested in it at 1/10! Logical Approach is the best of the rest at 12/1 IMO.

Mulligan's Man won, Logical Approach was 2nd at 12/1: nice E/W touch there and the forecast paid 3.24

2.35:

Hit The Switch should win, but 7/4's too short for me. E/W punts on either Executives Hall (13/2) or Luccombe Chine, as earlier at 7/1: or both?

Luccombe Chine won, Hit The Switch was 3rd and Executives Hall didn't run

3.10:

Crap 3-runner race. Back the outsider Mystified at 9/1 or bigger for a bit of interest: you never know!

3.45:

Silver Coaster looks the best horse here and 9/4 seems like decent value IMO. Next best for me would be Oh Right at 6/1.

Oh Right was indeed 2nd best, so another E/W payout, but it was the fav that won.

4.20:

Another crappy race: 5 runners, less one non-runner and one no-hoper (Volcanic Rock). Epee Celeste should beat Aghill, but not a race to get excited about.

Epee Celeste did win as expected.

4.55:

I backed Royal Bonsai at 7/1 overnight: he's also my Stat of the Day, so I'm sticking with it. Scotswell is also very interesting here. He's won here before: the trainer has a great record at Cartmel, as does the jockey. I'll have a 15/2 E/W saver.

Royal Bonsai won

5.30:

Average-looking race for learner drivers! No whips either, so you want an experienced horse who knows what he's doing. On paper you'd probably want to take the favourite First Morning at 5/1 or bigger if possible, whilst 13/2 isn't a bad price for Old Magic.If, however, you do want an old stager, as I mentioned earlier: you could do far worse than a 12/1 (or bigger!) E/W punt on the old warhorse Front Rank. Dual Course and Distance winner: decent trainer and jockey (for this level, at least!), looked a little out of sorts at Perth earlier this week, but might just have needed a run. If you back this one, you'll either get a good run for your money or he'll not do anything: no half measures with this one.

First Morning won as predicted and the old-timer Front Rank was a great E/W bet: finishing 2nd

That's the best i can do for you today, Newquay: you were right: it's an awful card with racing for the sake of it, I think!

Newquay should have had a very good day off the back of this.

I believe Gumbo did OK too! :D

Ah, sorry it took so long to get back and give thanks for the advice however i am pleased to see that hasnt stopped you congratulating yourself.

:)

Nah good job well done. Managed to get the old man onto Royal Bonsai-which went down very well- thanks.... whilst i talked myself right out of it.

And was able to mention the others you fancied for him to apply his now finely tuned paddock judging skills to. He only had the one winner, nuff said.

Myself the only draw i had was when Shanina? placed. The tote odds were sky rocketing as i walked by 20-summert the win 4.9 the place. So i had a 20/80 Jock went far too early on this one to close the then leader and got swallowed by hitherto distant 3rd placed beast.

Quite an enjoyable venture out in the end although it was a mudbath and view of the action not the best. Its a day out track rather than a racing track int it.

Again thanks for getting Brian onto a winner. He still keeps playing to win the tote jackpot etc, its early days for him.

Oh forgot to mention Silver Coaster. What a joke that was. Set of as if trip was a mile and got tailed of presumably bolloxed.

I think i heard over the tannoy that connections of your pick Traf Epee Celeste were invioted to provide explanations as to its sudden upturn in form.

interesting.

Oh forgot to mention Silver Coaster. What a joke that was. Set of as if trip was a mile and got tailed of presumably bolloxed.

I think i heard over the tannoy that connections of your pick Traf Epee Celeste were invioted to provide explanations as to its sudden upturn in form.

interesting.

They also investigated why Luccombe Chine won despite never being even placed before. :D

A nod is as good as a wink to a blind man.

PS It doesn't hurt to big yourself up sometimes! :D

Meeting has been abandoned.

I saw my aunt today just outside the supermarket

Hiya Aunty K***, you ok?

No I'm fucking not. We were supposed to be going to Cartmel today. Fucking bastard weather and I'm telling you now, if Sainsbury's have no decent red wine on offer I swear, I'll kill someone.

See you, Aunty.

I don't know who I get my personality off! :D