Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

About Moi

I'm the unhappy one.

First started watching the whites back in 1970 although I cannot remember the first game. My first 'full' season was 1972-73 when we played Bournemouth in the first game at Burnden Park of that season. It was a great introduction to life as a 'wanderer', plenty of banter from the Manchester Road Stand (north) and those in the Terrace below cheering the Whites on to fabulous 3-0 victory. From that moment on I was hooked and never missed a home game until around 1981.

My first away game was at Oldham's Boundary Park around '74 when everyone turned up for that, City, United and many others. Standing on the Chaddy end that day was sight to behold, you could hardly move, far from today's seating with its safety measures in place.

It's been a rollercoaster ride watching the Whites with the biggest low seeing us drop into the old 4th division but what a great end to that season winning promotion at Wrexham. Now that was a fantastic day, those that where there will understand the passion, feeling and relief when the final whistle blow.

Enjoy the site and most of all, get behind the Whites and let's push onwards and upwards.

Come-on-you-whites clapping.gif

Yours in sport

Neil aka Happy Wanderer

• 2 weeks later...