Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Away Games When You Knew Bolton Fans Were Notrights

Blackpool away 1985, we were in the wooden stand when loads of lads in the paddock below jumped the wall and ran towards the Kop, no idea to this day if they were Bolton or Blackpool

Gumbo, that was the Boxing day match.

the kop that day was closed and bolton given the side part of the ground, so many Bolton turned up that many climbed over the fence and got into the kop.

the Incident what you said above was when the old bill marched loads of lads towards the kop ** thinking they was Bolton**

The bastard Blackpool police knew they was Blackpool lads. they never got near the kop as the bolton fellas realised straight away who they were.

I remember one copper yelling in the mayhem that they are Bolton, you fools, one bolton fella yelled back, fuck off they are Blackpool and you know it.

• Site Supporter

I'd heard the stories from the big lads on athy park, usually on a Saturday night after the event. Could tell it was tasty at the Wigan games the mid 80's (particulalry the northern final at Springfield Park) but the first time I really thought 'fuck me' was the FA Cup game at Burnley in 87.

Weren't we given a replay a week later? :pardon:

• Site Supporter

when someone turns up wearing a turkey on his head :nea:

Spoke to him a few times. He's now lost the hat. (Don't know if it's actually lost or if he's just dumped it.)

He's actually a good lad apart from maybe his mouth has a tendancy to say stuff that pisses other folk off.

Can't knock his loyalty to the whites though!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.