Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Barry Knight at the Reebok Satdy

Mike Hunt

I also seem to remember some Bolton lads jumping off the stands into some Ipswich fans below when they invaded the pitch. Anyone confirm this or was I dreaming.

The top and bottom part of the stand at Ipswich is separated by a bit of corrugated roofing. When the game finished the carrot crunchers came on the pitch and started to take the piss right in front of us. I saw 3 lads making their way along this bit of flimsy roofing to get to them. 2 made it but the other lad ,being about 20 stone, thought better of it because the roof started to buckle.

Also seem to remember a pub right outside the ground being the scene for a bit of dirty dancing before the game.

Also seem to remember a pub right outside the ground being the scene for a bit of dirty dancing before the game.

Yep, it must have been really smoky in there, because I think they'd removed the glass from the windows.

Also seem to remember that the capacity of Portman Road was reduced after the game with the removal of some seats from the Bolton end.

I was at that pub, and Sheepshanks (and his secretary about 24 years old, nice top bollocks) waltzed past us before the game with the smuggest grin on a bloke i've ever seen, looking back i conclude he had just deposited ??10k in Barry Fuckwits bank account to buy the match.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.