Horses To Watch Out For

Mounts Kipper

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good Horse this one, MK.

Litmoden is a good trainer, too.

Wavertree runs at Lingfield next friday.

had a look at the lingfield race yesterday, there is a lot of quality in the race, if it does not win that race, i would say keep faith with the horse it is primed at the moment.

Edited by Mounts Kipper

just as a suggestion to none racing fans, the key to winning money with bookies is to bet when you are getting good value for your stake as a rule of thumb i never back horses at less than 7/2 and preferably i back all my horses Each Way at 5/1 or more, if a horse is 50/1 and i fancy it i would have no hestitation in backing it, long odds never put me off backing a horse i would just adjust my stake to a smaller bet.

just as a suggestion to none racing fans, the key to winning money with bookies is to bet when you are getting good value for your stake as a rule of thumb i never back horses at less than 7/2 and preferably i back all my horses Each Way at 5/1 or more, if a horse is 50/1 and i fancy it i would have no hestitation in backing it, long odds never put me off backing a horse i would just adjust my stake to a smaller bet.

MK's right to a certain extent.

However his refusal to back horses below 7/2 could be construed as somewhat blinkered, if you excuse the pun.

A 3/1 winner is far greater value than a 5/1 each way chance getting placed.

MK's right to a certain extent.

However his refusal to back horses below 7/2 could be construed as somewhat blinkered, if you excuse the pun.

A 3/1 winner is far greater value than a 5/1 each way chance getting placed.

that is obviously correct, but i like the insurance of an e/w bet gives, many times i have had a unlucky loser and won nowt on win only, so i generally rule out horses at odds where i get less than my stake if the horse is placed.

• 4 weeks later...
http://www.racingpost.co.uk/horses/card.sd..._date=2007-1-20

now is the time to get on, but remember back it each way, i think littmoden (who i do not rate as a trainer has found a suitable race) at 8/1 tremendous value.

Class 2 racing MK.

This horse has been found wanting at this level, but a low weight and a 5lb claim from the apprentice might help get a place finish. I also like the look of Red Spell in this race.

Class 2 racing MK.

This horse has been found wanting at this level, but a low weight and a 5lb claim from the apprentice might help get a place finish. I also like the look of Red Spell in this race.

wavertree should have won its last two runs, both times the jockeys in my opinion rode bad races and did not make enough use of the horse who was doing all his best work at the end, the only worry is i that the horse is a bit of a character and needs to get his head up right on the line, always the hardest horses to win with.

wavertree should have won its last two runs, both times the jockeys in my opinion rode bad races and did not make enough use of the horse who was doing all his best work at the end, the only worry is i that the horse is a bit of a character and needs to get his head up right on the line, always the hardest horses to win with.

I agree mate, 2 poor rides from half-decent jockeys, BUT tomorrow's jockey isn't too good at all.

Class 2 racing MK.

Which horse won, then? :yahoo:

11/2: lovely jubbly.

• 1 month later...
I will post horses that look like they are running into form and should win in the next run or 2, the first is Wavertree warrior.

opened up 10/1 and won at 17/2 last saturday, took 3 runs to win not the 2 i expected, now this one is well weighted should go in again and if it runs in the lincoln will be woth a E/W punt.

• 4 weeks later...

number 2 in my horses to look out for is Fair Along,ran a blinder over the chase course at cheltenham, was then ran over hurdles 2 days later and ran a stinker, should be backed with confidence next time out, will probably reappear at the Aintree festival, do not back if the ground goes to firm though, which it can do at aintree.

• 2 weeks later...

another one to keep a close eye on is Si Foo, ran well for a long way in a big race at lingfield, with unfashionable trainer and should be placed to win again at what could be decent odds.

In the same race Cesc ran poorly, but jockey explained that horse lost it's action, I would ignore this run, it is declared to run later this week, might be worth taking a look at.

Edited by Mounts Kipper

another one to keep a close eye on is Si Foo, ran well for a long way in a big race at lingfield, with unfashionable trainer and should be placed to win again at what could be decent odds.

A good shout this.

The race was the Spring Cup, and the winner (Mark Johnston's Hinton Admiral) may prove to be a class above the rest of the field that day. Si Foo ran very well despite being well out of it at the weights. He's pretty unexposed and would very interesting in a handicap, though his breeding (by Fusaichi Pegasus) and his "unfashionable" trainer (Andrew Balding? Bit harsh, Mounts!) ought to ensure interest in him isn't limited to Napsters Corner.

Impeller another one running better than form suggest, a useful hold up horse who needs things to go right, but one to keep on the right side off.

Impeller will win races, but its career average is only 1 win every 10 races. An 8 year old now with just 8 wins from 81 races. Good for an eachway bet though, with 29 place finishes in those 81 races.