Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Abusing Players

stevieb

Sol campbell shut up your fat lard arse :pardon:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/7151584.stm

Almost as bad as rascist chanting he says, whats like this guy:

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/new...tijewish_taunts

Now im all for a bit of banter, but thats too far for me... not the munchen stuff, the jewish shit. Iv heard a rumour at work he's defending himself as well. Time to gooooo, time to goooo :rofl:

Anyway, sensible discussion only boys and girls! :roll:

Theyre all at it...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/7151857.stm

Its a joke, say what you ragging mean thats what i say. Ashley cole's a fooking nob as well, if your driven by money and not the loyalty of the club (which all players will be i know, thats not what the argument is really) then dont expect us fans to just say, ah well, enjoy your new club... cheerio

Sol campbell shut up your fat lard arse :pardon:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/7151584.stm

Almost as bad as rascist chanting he says, whats like this guy:

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/new...tijewish_taunts

Now im all for a bit of banter, but thats too far for me... not the munchen stuff, the jewish shit. Iv heard a rumour at work he's defending himself as well. Time to gooooo, time to goooo :rofl:

Anyway, sensible discussion only boys and girls! :roll:

secret bolton fan methinks :rofl:

He's just shot himself in the foot by admitting it bothers him.

I think this depends on when you started goin to matches. As someone who went to games in the 80's, if player abuse is 'spiralling out of control' now, God knows how you would describe it 20 years ago.

I accept it isn't pleasant but FFS they are earning sh1tloads, and in today's win at all costs Premiership, an opposing player is the enemy so theres gonna be some flack.

Nurses, taxi drivers, Fire Service all receive verbal AND physical abuse and they can't retire at 30. If you don't like it Sol get an office job.

Nurses, taxi drivers, Fire Service all receive verbal AND physical abuse and they can't retire at 30. If you don't like it Sol get an office job.

Where you'll get abuse for quoting some 17 year old scrote ?2500 for his chav chariot to be insured. Fook off you dick!

I love work me.... :blink:

He's just shot himself in the foot by admitting it bothers him.

I think this depends on when you started goin to matches. As someone who went to games in the 80's, if player abuse is 'spiralling out of control' now, God knows how you would describe it 20 years ago.

I accept it isn't pleasant but FFS they are earning sh1tloads, and in today's win at all costs Premiership, an opposing player is the enemy so theres gonna be some flack.

goes with the job for me. too much nicey nicey taking over in football. racism no to but general abuse hurled from the terraces is part of the banter that makes it worth going.

shilton dealt with it well as i remember he got loads of sh1t as his missus tina had played away. down at home park early 90's he was in nets for plymouth we gave him loads of 'if you've shagged shilton's wife claps your hands' and the rest. he turned round and gave us the v's, top response and had us all laughing. didn't go bleating to the press.

The thing is, and the way I see it is: Racism is not pleasant imho, and to be honest I rarely hear it nowadays.

Not all footballers get abuse. The ones that do have usually done something to annoy or upset the fans they are getting abuse from. Banter is part of the game, always has been as far as I'm concerned.

Maybe if folk like Cole had a look at their general behaviour and curbed their 'let the plebs eat cake' attitude, they may get less abuse.

This, I fear is yet another attempt to sanitise the football day out experience.

The thing is, and the way I see it is: Racism is not pleasant imho, and to be honest I rarely hear it nowadays.

Not all footballers get abuse. The ones that do have usually done something to annoy or upset the fans they are getting abuse from. Banter is part of the game, always has been as far as I'm concerned.

Maybe if folk like Cole had a look at their general behaviour and curbed their 'let the plebs eat cake' attitude, they may get less abuse.

This, I fear is yet another attempt to sanitise the football day out experience.

Spot on. Not only are we supposed to sit down, we have to shut up too.

Guest william bear

i was chastised at liverpool for giving gerrard grief..

nothing sinister, i had my little uns..

football has gone to the dogs but we cannot let them take it away from us :aggressive:

What Campbell has come out with takes the biscuit. Get on with playing football you pampered ?100k a week bastard. What next, don't boo because it's just not nice?

As soon as players stop throwing verbal insults at the officials, cheating, flying in with two footed tackles, raping and bumming then I'll stop giving out grief.

Have I missed Sols point?

Soft t w a t.

i was chastised at liverpool for giving gerrard grief..

nothing sinister, i had my little uns..

football has gone to the dogs but we cannot let them take it away from us :aggressive:

Liverpool this year was my worst away game ever. Just gettin told to sit down by some stupid bitch behind me. Women: Know your place! (or at least have the craic!) Ended up watching the first 10 mins of the 1st half and about half an hour of the 2nd. Shit day!

What a bunch of tarts.

It's laughable. The majority of footballers are attention-seeking celebrity whores, so how they can moan about getting stick makes it even more embarrassing. I'll stop sl?gging Rooney & the like off when they stop courting the media for their own personal gain - to make it worse their f?cking dollybird hangers-on are everywhere now too.

I remember the 'who stuck his d?ck up Elton's wife - super John McGinlay' chants from the Burnden Paddock and they made the whole ground crack up....that's what football is all about.

YOU CAN TAKE OUR FREEDOM (OF SPEECH) - BUT YOU'LL NEVER TAKE OUR FOOTBALL BANTER :pardon:

Is "Jewish" a race or religion??

Kennedy, of Collyhurst, Manchester, was also caught on video a month later making aeroplane gestures to United fans in a reference to the 1958 Munich air crash, Manchester Crown Court was told.

Seem's a nice enough fellow..

Did anyone here Terry Butcher's comments on this on Five Live yesterday? He broadly agreed with Sol's comments but then went on to dismiss the naysayers with the oddest analogy in the world. To paraphrase:

'We all go and watch rubbish films, I saw one the other week, but and the end of the film you don't stand up and start hruling abuse at the actors, do you? (gap for the sudden realisation of the stupidity of the comment) Not that they would hear me anyway, but the point is its just not on.'

No you don't start shouting in the Pictures, Terry, because you'd look like you were insane.

he needs to get on with it... i personally dont agree with racism, or rarely join in with munich comments- but ffs he needs to grow some balls, and take the rough with the smooth.

the prick from wastelands deserves his punishment... i'm guessing if he has been so easily spotted he must've be on his own, and neither witty or having any detrimental effect on opponents, and generally made himself look a dick (wearing sky blue helps).

anyone getting paid a shed load, and the ability to represent his country in such a 'distinguished' manner should be able to live with 90mins of name calling, before f#cking off to their big mansion with peacocks and shoving mobiles up their arse

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.