Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

One For Bolts.

That song was always considered a bit of a joke amongst the Northern crowd at the time - a white bloke doing a Jagger/Richards song......... cack

As far as commercial northern goes, they don't come much better than this imo - an old Chuck Wood song - eventually released on the same shitty record label as Wayne Gibson -

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=3nPajmK0P_k

• Members
That song was always considered a bit of a joke amongst the Northern crowd at the time - a white bloke doing a Jagger/Richards song......... cack

Northern Soul nazi alert! :D Wonder how you'd go now with the adoption of the likes of Angie Stone and Duffy tracks in the northern scene?

Northern Soul nazi alert! :D Wonder how you'd go now with the adoption of the likes of Angie Stone and Duffy tracks in the northern scene?

As black as the ace of......., surely?

Call me old fashioned - but i just prefer soul music to be sung by a black person

Although i must admit there have been 1 or 2 good 'uns by honkys

R Dean Taylor,Dean Parrish,Larry Santos,Paul Anka etc -

Edited by Burndens Bogs

• Members
As black as the ace of......., surely?

Call me old fashioned - but i just prefer soul music to be sung by a black person

Although i must admit there have been 1 or 2 good 'uns by honkys

R Dean Taylor,Dean Parrish,Larry Santos,Paul Anka etc -

Didn't realise it was a skin colour thing. I thought you were objecting to its commercial nature.

I note you missed out Tony Blackburn (or should I say Lenny Gamble) from the white NS performers :roll:

Didn't realise it was a skin colour thing.

More like horses for courses Bolty - i just think black folk do soul music better than anyone else, but if it was punk i wanted to listen to, then no-one can beat the honkys :good:

and if for instance i wanted to listen bhangra music - Asians are probably unbeatable :pardon:

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.