Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

1860 One Shilling?

The Wanderer

found one ages ago and just re-found it whilst moving house.

one side is in good condition, the other you can just make out slight details such as "one shilling."

wise old fruits of wanderersways, tell me its worth something.

In good nick, £250 to £300.

Are you sure it's 1860 not 1850?

http://www.coins-of-...lues/onesh.html

1s50.jpg

1850 Shilling, obverse type 3, reverse type 1

Arguably the scarcest Young Head shilling

picture has just loaded, thats the one. could it be same design for both? struggling to make the date out. the side with queen vic on is in good condition, the other is fucked.

Edited by The Wanderer

an 1860 shilling in poor nick is worth next to nothing I'm afraid

one on ebay with a buy it now of 26 quid and it's in decent nick... there''s one in not so good condition with no bids and it's a 99p start

1850 ones are rarer, though if it's not in good condition it'll still be worth next to nowt

I used to be a numismatist... and to this day still always carry a lucky coin... but the last fucker got thrown in the sea after 2 years of solid shit luck... my new one is a 1964 solid silver half dollar and it's showing a lot of promise

an 1860 shilling in poor nick is worth next to nothing I'm afraid

one on ebay with a buy it now of 26 quid and it's in decent nick... there''s one in not so good condition with no bids and it's a 99p start

1850 ones are rarer, though if it's not in good condition it'll still be worth next to nowt

I used to be a numismatist... and to this day still always carry a lucky coin... but the last fucker got thrown in the sea after 2 years of solid shit luck... my new one is a 1964 solid silver half dollar and it's showing a lot of promise

funnily enough jazza, I found it the day my missus went into labour and kept it for that very reason. as I said, thought id lost it and recently found it again. if its worth anything less than a oner ill keep hold of it.

if we go unbeaten next season you all know why!

Fifty quid was "better than a kick in the dick" ten posts ago!

maybe he means a 'oner' as in a quid!

Jazza, what .ismatist do you call yourselves these days?

I have a one pound coin that only had the writing round the edge with both faces blank. I'd forgotten about it but just looked in my desk and found it.

No doubt it's an unfinished fake but kept it to remind me of when I was literally, and I mean literally, skint stood with a pound coin in my hand trying to decide whether to put it in the 'leccy meter, the gas meter or buy some food for the kids.

maybe he means a 'oner' as in a quid!

Jazza, what .ismatist do you call yourselves these days?

I have a one pound coin that only had the writing round the edge with both faces blank. I'd forgotten about it but just looked in my desk and found it.

No doubt it's an unfinished fake but kept it to remind me of when I was literally, and I mean literally, skint stood with a pound coin in my hand trying to decide whether to put it in the 'leccy meter, the gas meter or buy some food for the kids.

Pissmatist