Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Liverpool's goal!

Guest number9
Did anyone else notice that the corner resulting to Liverpools goal was not fully in the corner 'D' area!?  :-k  

...or am I just being a pedantic fussy bastard and looking for an excuse coz' we lost??  :-k

No doubt that'l be Diouf's fault somehow! ](*,) ](*,)

Did anyone else notice that the taken corner resulting to Liverpools goal was not fully in the corner 'D' area!?  :-k  

...or am I just being a pedantic fussy bastard and looking for an excuse coz' we lost??  :-k

twas noted at the time. what are the exact rules on this?

TV camera seem to focus on this - as if questioning its positioning.

Did anyone else notice that the taken corner resulting to Liverpools goal was not fully in the corner 'D' area!?  :-k  

twas noted at the time. what are the exact rules on this?

TV camera seem to focus on this - as if questioning its positioning.

DS! This the answer I have just got off my 'referee' mate!

"Any boundary marked on the field includes the width of the line. That's why, for example, as we all know, a goal isn't scored unless the whole of the ball crosses the whole of the line - because the length of the pitch includes the width of the line. Similarly, if a foul on an attacker occurs on any of the penalty box lines, it's a penalty because the width of the line is included as part of the box. So the arc in which the ball must be placed for a corner includes the width of the line. A millimetre of the ball hanging over the outside edge is good enough, just as it is for a goal to correctly not be awarded if the ball was in that position between the posts."

How far was the ball over?? Looked pretty much a lot over to me! ](*,)

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.