Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Question for those in Istanbul

SatanGreavsie

Yep, Traf is correct - the photo with Brixton is the one where it all nearly kicked off during the day - down a side street. I remember it clearly cos it looked as though it would turn nasty any second with the riot police all tooled up. And there was Smiley taking photos of the irate locals for his snap shot collection :rofl:

where it all nearly kicked off during the day - down a side street. I remember it clearly cos it looked as though it would turn nasty any second with the riot police all tooled up. :rofl:

I must have been too pissed to have seen this, as I was in this bar all day, as the Wethers lot Mobbed up in here :D and didnt see any sign of trouble. In fact it was friendly banter all day, with each set of fans taking it in turns to sing their songs........I was pissed though on EFES

Think that is the bar Satan is on about (one with Brixton piccy), remember being stood on a table and everyone was singing. It's the last one I remember being in before going off to the ground. Don't remember the name though  :-k

I'm surprised you even remember being in Istanbul! :D

Think that is the bar Satan is on about (one with Brixton piccy), remember being stood on a table and everyone was singing. It's the last one I remember being in before going off to the ground. Don't remember the name though  :-k

I'm surprised you even remember being in Istanbul! :D

Ive said before, the drunkeness was a false pretence, I remember everything!! :roll:

So this one then?

http://www.piratesbritishpub.com/index.htm

Only I've found a business card from there that I must have shoved in me pocket and then into me bag. Its not the one on the square and its not the James Joyce so I guess that is the one.

Map looks about right - http://www.piratesbritishpub.com/contact.htm

Unless its the one we went to in the rain on Carlos's walkabout and got charged 10 Plovdivs a pint

It's not that one either, look!

Resim2_2.JPG

DSC00840.jpg

2 totally different bars. The pirates bar was on your right as you walked down the 2 nd street on your right. from the main street.

The bar with Brixton outside was on the lefthand side of the 3rd street down.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.